weird light in the picture

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miele

Reaction score
I took a picture in my camp and I noted some weird light . ??can’t figure what it is ? How can I post it so maybe someone can give me some idea.

Miele said:
I took a picture in my camp and I noted some weird light . ??can’t figure what it is ? How can I post it so maybe someone can give me some idea.

Attachments

• 62F3DC76-DA61-4E47-A81F-A7E93A2F075E.jpeg
    62F3DC76-DA61-4E47-A81F-A7E93A2F075E.jpeg
    1.6 MB
gsfish said:
When you compose your reply click on 'preview post' at the bottom and you will have options to add images and more.

Guy

Thank you, pls look at the picture i just posted. There is a strange light,???what is it, pls zoom ig in to see clearly. Taken sunset sherr I camped in Quartzite,

Looks like somebody stepped in a bit of ectoplasm.

Sun reflecting off a piece of broken glass, or crap on your lens.

Someone sliced open a glowstick or two and plopped it on the ground

Jokes and non-jokes aside, it's actually just a lens flare.

Dunno, never seen lens flare result in a single spot of light like that. But I agree, it doesn't seem positioned correctly for sun reflection.

Oh well. Just one of those things.

OP, I'd crop the photo anyway to emphasize the sky, and a good crop line would be just above that light.

It's an internal flare ... sunlight reflecting off of the inside of your lens. Perfectly normal. In fact, some photo editors have a built in filter to ADD a flare to a photograph. Done right, they can add a really creative "flare" to a photo ... every possible pun intended! :)

Or, it's radiation! :D
Too phunny!