Weight Stations

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StepVan

Reaction score
Im wondering if i need to pull into Weight Stations? p30 stepvan regestered as my personal truck in florida and non commercial? I saw a fed ex p30 pull in and get weighed in Port Charlotte Fl ? I asked Dmv when i registered the stepvan and they had no clue, asked Collier County Deputy and they had no ideas either?

Interesting how vague some of the rules are in that link.
Asked a DMV enforcer in my home state(Vt) if I was supposed to stop -"only if I transported product across state lines"

I've driven Thirsty(10,000# gvw P30, Vermont plates) through all the E coast states and a few more -never pulled into a weigh station, did get waved over in N. Carolina by a trooper- asked if it were registered commercial - took my word that it was not and wished me a good day.

Nope....I've never even given one a second glance.

heck, you can blow scales off even in a semi truck if it sais "Private Coach" on the side.

btw...tell who you are and tell us about your steppie!!!

(we have an intro's page...and we LOVE pictures!!) :D

I don't stop at them with my Kurbmaster as I have never seen another RV at any of them, I have single wheels, and I am the same weight as a 1 ton pickup truck. I won' t be reading this thread anymore as I prefer to remain ignorant so I don't have to lie. :cool:

Scales are for commercial vehicles only.

When I was a kid, physically not mentally (thats a different thread), my dad owned an old cattle truck we used to carry our 10 horses, all our gear, siblings dogs etc every camp trip. We almost always got pulled over somewhere for skipping the scales and had to explain that it was an RV. But aside from odd situations like that, I've never had an issue with scale houses. Of course, I haven't travelled into Kalifornistan either, so will bow to those there knowing the situation better.