Video chat: FOR WOMEN ONLY! google hangouts, skype, others?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Ladies!
My name is Kristina, and I go by Kristina Karina on my social media profiles. 
I was wondering if anyone video chats while out on the road? Is it too data intensive?? It might work if you could jump on wi fi at a coffee shop or somewhere... 

Which services do people on this forum use? Google Hangouts ( seems easy since many are google bloggers); 
Skype, or Facetime ( limited to mac/iPhone users, I think)???

Would anyone be interested in trying to video chat? 
I have Google Hangouts, and Skype, and Facetime.
I will set this thread to give me email notifications, so if I miss you while I am online this time,
please be patient! I will get back to you and add you as a buddy here and on your video chat service,
and hopefully we can chat!
Looking forward to it!
~KK

Attachments

• Video chat apps copy.jpg
    Video chat apps copy.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 28
All those formats use streaming data. If someone has limited data it will eat it up in no time.

Copy that, cyndi,
Yep, could be if you're not on a coffee shop wifi or maybe some campgrounds offer it.
Speaking of "copy that" anyone use CB radio anymore? I did on my trip back in the 90's.
I just figured out how to use the Tapatalk app, too.
It's really nice chatting with you all!
~KK

I use both Skype and Yahoo Messenger when on a home wifi, but I agree with Cyndi that I would not use my mobile broadband data for that. So much easier (cheaper) just to use my unlimited talk telephone to keep in touch.

Yeah, in some other threads I read where people telecommute from the road and they have a "hot spot" that produces wi go so they can get on line and work from their laptop/tablet.

I have a hot spot but I pay for the data. so I try to keep the usage down. I just use it for non streaming type of stuff. highdesertranger

I telecommute.   Work provided phone for work tethering.  Personal phone, free wi-fi ....  for personal.

Is why I need to be in ATT 4G coverage.  Does make the campsite search interesting.