Van camper Gabby Petito missing

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BelgianPup

Reaction score
22-year-old Gabby Petito is missing.  She is blonde, with blue eyes, 5'5" tall.  She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm, and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

She was traveling with boyfriend Brian Laundrie starting early in July, going from Florida to New York, to Salt Lake City, to Grand Teton National Park in a white 2012 Ford van.

The last known person to have a verbal conversation with her was her mother, on August 25.

She had a YT channel:. Nomadic Statik.

Her boyfriend showed up back in Florida with the van, but apparently no one has had contact with her since August 25.

If you have any information, call the Suffolk County Police Dept. (NY) at 1-800-220-8477.

For photos, see news articles.

Did BF report her missing? Seems a travelling companion would have the most relevant information and timeline.
-crofter

From what I've read, their is practically no information on the boyfriend. Most of the articles don't even mention his name. I am assuming that he is the primary suspect

I've read he's lawyered up and has been mum. I'm sure that means he's now the prime suspect.

This story has made national news....I heard it on the radio this morning.

What the heck happened?

I hope she is OK somewhere...but it 'dont look good'....

:huh:

I’ve seen several missing vandweller please lately. I can’t remember where they were.

I guess the parents shut down her website and all except one utube vid.

The police have taken the van to do forensic testing in it. That does not mean a crime was committed in it. A normal procedure in a missing person investigation is to check out the places the individual occupied during the time frame they went missing.

WanderingRose said:
It would seem to me that the boyfriend perhaps needs to be charged with obstruction for not telling what he knows.

Granted it does not look good for him but just playing Devil's Advocate. 

She tells him one night she has met another and is leaving with him. She packs up and off she goes. He is heartbroken and drives back home.  There would have been nothing for him to tell or report. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened. 

Again, I'm not saying that happened but................... you can't arrest and charge someone without knowing whether or not they even know anything.

slow2day said:
He can't be charged for exercising his right to remain silent.  If the police called me in for questioning under similar circumstances I would want a lawyer.  They get it in their heads you're guilty, you have a better chance of a pit bull letting go and apologizing.  That does not mean he's innocent.  We just don't know.

WanderingRose said:
It would seem to me that the boyfriend perhaps needs to be charged with obstruction for not telling what he knows.
Basically in such a situation even an innocent person should have a lawyer before they talk to the police. That is what happened and it does not imply either obstruction or cooperation to have legal representation. Non cooperation could simply be the advice given by the attorney.

The police never say much anything in these situations except that they can not comment about an ongoing  investigation.

Rush to judgement.
Because the boyfriend isn't speaking to the press, does not mean he isn't speaking to police.
In certain situations he would be barred from talking to the press. And not just because he is a suspect or indicted.
I hope the young woman is ok.
One thing people should be aware of, is that if a person is going to have a psychotic or schizo-affective episode, it usually happens in late teens or early 20's.

@CG
If she was in a psychiatric hospital the cops would know, due to the court process involved in commitment.
-crofter

john*thomas said:
She tells him one night she has met another and is leaving with him. She packs up and off she goes. He is heartbroken and drives back home.  There would have been nothing for him to tell or report. 

I was thinking something like that was possible. Moab PD had been called because the couple had been making a disturbance — arguing, perhaps. The cops haven't been specific. It could be she said, "Fxxx you, I'm out of here!" and she took off on foot. Or a sympathetic person intervened on her behalf. Or maybe there was another guy -- either from before or on the scene. Maybe she's fine and keeping out of sight to punish her fiancee.

Or she could be at the bottom of a cliff.

We'll find out some day.

Meanwhile, women who aren't young, attractive and white go missing nearly every day and never get mentioned on the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.