UniSolar Peel & Stick 136 Watt Flexible Solar Panels $120/shipped

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrayWhale

Reaction score
You HAVE checked the length of these, correct? Lol

They're 18 feet long...

Not sure how much roof length a high top has available. I don't think they would have fit on our old high top...

They aren't popular for 3 reasons:

1) They are 18 feet long and that's hard to fit for most vehicles.
2) They are also high voltage. You'll need a high-voltage controller.
3) The company is out of busines so I would assume no warranty work

However, they are an excellent panel, very tough and durable. You can literally roll them up and store them under your bed and then lay them out on the ground at camp.

If that works for you, grab them while they are available!!!
Bob

I'd looked at these before. You'd need an mppt charge controller to get more than 4 amps from one. Then you'd probably only get about 8 amps. Still, kind of tempting for the price. Another link on that page showed you could buy two for $219. That would probably provide a total of 16 amps with an mppt controller, which would top our batteries with under two hours of sunlight a day.

I had that panel on my class c. I wasn't happy with them because I had to spend $450 after discovering they were high voltage. And I had intended to roll them up rather than affixing them to my roof.

The panels started to break down after being rolled up just a few times so they ended up on the roof.

That panel would continue to charge the batteries on rainy days and parked in the shade.

I was a little sad when I sold my rig that I couldn't take it with me. The new owner, a good friend, is very pleased with it.

Gee thanks cyndi - now I want to go out and measure the length of the truck camper. The panel's should fit if Ii let them curve over the front of the camper... LoL