Unexpected Maiden Voyage

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradKW

Reaction score
As you've probably noticed, Key West is in the crosshairs of Irma. In 17 years I've never evacuated, but I can't risk the truck now...too much uninsured money to roll the dice. 

So I'm looking to hit the road Thurs night probably...got some things to do to get ready. Hopefully this will be an exciting forced vacation for a few days and Irma defies the weathermen with a north turn into open Atlantic.

Worst case, I have a mobile power plant, AC and refrigeration...and ya never know when that suddenly becomes popular with the ladies  :D

In this case, better safe than sorry. I would try and beat the traffic lines if it looks like its coming your way.

Brad, waiting until Thursday may be cutting it a bit close. I'm leaving out of Ft. Myers to head up I-75 to GA, and I moved my plans up to leave Wed. evening.

Where you heading to?

PS, Don't wait till the last minute to buy gas and supplies you might need.

Guess this is as good a time as any to wish you fair winds and following seas! Hope you get out make it out and back with out a hitch. Smash a bottle of champagne on your bow, errr I mean hood before setting sail, err I mean hitting the road.

Is the offer of AC for refugees from a hurricane sort of like offering candy down by the river? LOL

Good for you in finding a silver lining.

BradKW said:
Worst case, I have a mobile power plant, AC and refrigeration...and ya never know when that suddenly becomes popular with the ladies  :D

Bubba you are a hot mess  :D    I'm thinking there are several tribe members in FL, I hope everyone stays safe.

I live about 2 miles from one of the Ft. Rucker AL gates.  By 7pm Wal Mart in Ozark Al was reported to be out of water.  At 10pm there were only a few gallon jugs by the baby formula in the Enterprise AL Walmart.  In Daleville AL the big Inland Station was nearly out and their 1gal jugs are $2.10.  I also noticed that cases of beer that are usually stacked 10 high or more were about 3 high.  I think they haven't restocked from the weekend'

Some folks are driving like they got a burr under their saddle blanket........or up their butt.  Lots of spinning wheels and squealing brakes and speeding.  Enterprise is about 20 miles N. of Estos FL.  I imagine 231 going into Dothan AL will get a lot of traffic. I gassed up the Safari about 9:30pm @ $2.45gal.

My niece and her family live right at the AL/FL line south of Dothan.  My Sis is getting ready for them if they need to come north.

Jewellann

WriterMs said:
Is the offer of AC for refugees from a hurricane sort of like offering candy down by the river? LOL

Well, I have candy too of course, but I'm looking to appeal to a slightly broader demographic. Displaced Glampers for example...

Brad, safe travels and the sooner the better for avoiding all those impatience souls. Maybe a trip up to visit the folks is in order.

No matter the distance, fuel and food are your best travel buddies so shop early and often. And keep us posted.

I'm sure you'll have a waiting line................................for the bucket ! ;)

:( :mad: when you find out they only liked you for the shower

beat feet now,there could be a days wait on the highway out

Couch/bed installed and ready for travel
dedf35dd888fc368bba4f93b68aa6da5.jpg
66abf1acff7c6392eb4ffb6711c8a6e1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Waiting for you to check in. Hope you're high and dry!

So glad you got out, Brad, KW looks to be getting hit hard right now.