Two vans for consideration

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtW

Reaction score
https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5994030664.html
00505_7J3uUSqFVKL_600x450.jpg

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5992584107.html
00g0g_aAwX22M20lf_600x450.jpg

TBH I lean toward Dodge, but mostly due to bias

The Ford has "unknown engine problems" and you only lean toward the cheaper Dodge because of "bias"? :huh:

The Dodge ad doesn't say which engine it has.  That year, it came with either the 3.9 V6 or the 5.2 V8.  I would be very happy with the 5.2 but wonder if the 3.9 really has enough power for towing or running up mountains.

It looks like there might be rust at the top of the windshield, so look carefully for signs of water leakage there.

Good Luck!

Sent the Dodge owner an email re engine and what class the van is (1/2, 3/4) Yep, I saw the engine problems with the Ford, but of course no idea what they might be. on further consideration, yeah, they prob already had a mech look at it and that's why it's up for sale

Gary, I can always count on you to find stuff i missed, your CL fu is impressive
That Schoolie is sweet, but seeing wires from the doghouse isn't very encouraging, and price not listed, sent him an email

Schoolie #2 rust, diesel, no interest, as I don't speak diesel or know from bodywork

next 2 I emailed, we'll see if i get answers

the electric I assume was for a chuckle, I did get a giggle out of it

last two I emailed with queries

Thanks

whats up with the rust in that area,ocean air?

*sigh* after making a 'soft appointment' for 9:30-10:00 ish, the seller got called into work this morning and never bothered to let me know, even when i messaged him I was on my way
So I drive for an hour and 45 minutes to the NRG area and call him, and he answers with 'can I call you back in 15 minutes?'
I just hung up and left
an hour and a half later he messages me
I didn't call you back because I had been called into work for a 1/2 shift, but I don't think you can drive it home without some tinkering
i messaged
Pass
he replied
only 800 so work is expected? new vans available all day
srry good luck
I replied
A bit of tinkering I don't mind, but I've already left Houston and I'm not driving another hour and a half to come back
Communication is good
good luck