Tub in or no

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robb77

Reaction score
[font=Verdana, Tahoma][font=Verdana, Tahoma][size=medium][font=Verdana, Tahoma]Soaking in an epsom salt bath to sooth the aches and pains of aging feels like heaven reslly. Our travel trailer has a bathtub/shower combination which has come in handy a few times, I made it by myself from an old refinished tub.  I am in the planning phase of going full time and we are researching the best motorhome option for me. I haven't seen a bathtub in any of them.My routes will have to include stopping to see friends and family so I can use their bathtub.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Tahoma]Do you miss having a bathtub?[/font][/font][/font][/size]

No. don't miss it. I am not a bath person :)
what I did miss tho when we had one in the rv was I could wash our little dog more easily but other than that we never used a tub really for anything. Showers are fine now for us at this point.
Do any companies have small portable bathtubs? Of course you would need a good water source etc. but maybe you could have one?? lol ever check for a portable one, I never have but I bet it would be interesting to see what is out there available but of course it wouldn't be an easy set up etc I would think :)

Try a portable large dog bath or kiddy wading pool.

I have 8 hour time release Tylenol and mild muscle relaxers. I can exist just fine without an epson salt, full emersion, bath without undue suffering.

I carry a foldable dog bath tub and a pop up shower tent.  I've never used the tub, although I love a good epsom soak, too.  A hot water bottle can feel pretty good.  Getting enough magnesium in your diet helps, too.  (Every tub I've seen in older RV's has been cracked at some time.  Maybe they're better now?)

YEs i miss it. Especially for body aches. Baths are the best! Have you tried *** bathbombs? They help muscle pain

I haven’t taken a bath in years. I take showers. I have one of those pop-up shower tents a little pump anD Spray nozzle that works well. I break the laws in a national forest end of State Forest by using that because the water goes into the ground. Around here they say that you should never dump water in the forest. I use a “natural” soap product and my showers are usually 2 1/2 to 3 gallons. I could cut that way down but I do enjoy longer showers. My rig is full there’s been no way to put a bath in it. I like finding a camp where I can swim in a pond, river, or any other body of water. Some of the springs in Florida are just beautiful to swim in for hours. My goal for this winter is to swim with the manatees in Florida;there are places where that can happen. Of course in that case there’s no soap involved and a bathing suit not the birthday suit. I would be a nudist in the swimming places if the next person was 10 miles away. Getting in some of those springs with no clothes on sounds appealing but being naked around others sounds appalling. There’s a song you can goole on the Internet called “I don’t look good naked anymore quote

VanFan said:
I carry a foldable dog bath tub and a pop up shower tent.  I've never used the tub, although I love a good epsom soak, too.  A hot water bottle can feel pretty good.  Getting enough magnesium in your diet helps, too.  (Every tub I've seen in older RV's has been cracked at some time.  Maybe they're better now?)

It`s very smart but don`t think it`s gonna be anyhow comfortable in these.. Thanks for suggestions anyway. And also personally I love tubs for relaxation and destress!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My company`s website.

thing is even an 'rv tub' ain't big ever ya know.....so your rv tub unless full sized for a person or you install to be that size...it all is a tough call on it but if one wants it bad enough, they find ways :)

Hot tub on a trailer? Gym membership? Kiddie pool in Arizona sun will scald you, be careful!!!

bullfrog said:
...Kiddie pool in Arizona sun will scald you, be careful!!!
I actually heat my water in a water heater in the shade with the power turned off. Works great for about 6 months of the year and costs nothing. Then in the winter I put power to the water heater.
-crofter

Latest posts