Trinidad,CO.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seeker/Wanderer

Reaction score
:thumbsup: There is the most awesome mechanic located right smack behind Safeway in downtown Trinidad. The nicest and fairest Mechanic really saved the bacon on my driveline last summer. I always have mega work done in Montrose, CO but sadly cannot recommend much there. Maybe Dads Auto but did pay dearly there - what do want for CO. Everybody seems to break down there after Monarch Pass or Million Dollar Hwy.

I've had great luck with small town mechanics. Their customer base is too small to be pissing off people. Bad mechanics or ones that cheat you don't have enough new suckers to keep them in business.

Trinidad is on my list to visit for the art car festival and museum.

Seeker, what is downtown Trinidad like these days? I went through there 10 years or so ago, and the entire downtown area was being torn apart and renovated. I hope it's pretty now.

Oh yes, its really nice now. Thanks to their new revenue flow there the entire town is completely renovated. Beautiful.

Seeker/Wanderer said:
:thumbsup: There is the most awesome mechanic located right smack behind Safeway in downtown Trinidad. The nicest and fairest Mechanic really saved the bacon on my driveline last summer. I always have mega work done in Montrose, CO but sadly cannot recommend much there. Maybe Dads Auto but did pay dearly there - what do want for CO. Everybody seems to break down there after Monarch Pass or Million Dollar Hwy.
Just found one of his cards and can't recommend him enough. "Petes Automotive" behind Safeway.

Seeker/Wanderer said:
The nicest and fairest Mechanic really saved the bacon on my driveline last summer.

Can you be a little more specific on what work you had done?

Thanks...