This one? Chevy Express.....

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wanderer

Reaction score
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/5413427948.html

I admit, I am interested after reading reviews...NADA (Est) says it's below $3,450 retail (By $500 or so)

Yes, one of those (Urk!) Used car dealers,

Checked over payments and estimated payments...Very workable.....I "Could" have it paid by this time next year or even by Christmas 2016....

I do like the manual windows Rear is cargo...so no seats to take out.....

Some may not know it but 82nd has been dubbed "Rip off row" for the "Shady dealers" but I have found that the "Rip offs" were 
only possible with the buyers lack of desire to look it over before signing :cool: 

....Many a repair bill can be avoided by that...right?  :blush:

Please rip this to shreds if you find fault with the vehicle....I may go see it Thursday....

A couple things to be wary of. Odds are that's not actually the price...its the price "after" you make the down payment. Its a stupid trick some used car lots use to get you there.

Second, notice how ad states "Need help getting financing??? Great!!! We have lots of lenders we can help with!!!"
What that really means is that once you fill out a credit app, they will run it through every conceivable lending company around until it gets approved. Sounds good, right? Probably not...because every try counts as a hit against your credit score. I've heard of people walking into lots like this with decent 700ish scores, not buying a vehicle, then finding their score dropped 20-50 points due to all the attempts.

BradKW said:
A couple things to be wary of. Odds are that's not actually the price...its the price "after" you make the down payment. Its a stupid trick some used car lots use to get you there.

Second, notice how ad states "Need help getting financing??? Great!!! We have lots of lenders we can help with!!!"
What that really means is that once you fill out a credit app, they will run it through every conceivable lending company around until it gets approved. Sounds good, right? Probably not...because every try counts as a hit against your credit score. I've heard of people walking into lots like this with decent 700ish scores, not buying a vehicle, then finding their score dropped 20-50 points due to all the attempts.

Oh yeah, I know that lenders trick...They're trying to sell a contract and profit off that too. If they try the "It's this after $500 down" yes, I'll walk, but have done reviews for them..It's a MOR (Middle of road) dealer...good and bad reviews, can't keep all happy...

I'd have done it with bank, but they want 6 years and less than 100K.....

I will admit, that I never heard of anyone's score dropping for a dealer check for approval. I know their's a network they have with banks for contract sales and they're shopping for the contract that gets them the most also....But if the rate isn't where I want it, then no matter...The thing I'm mainly looking at is that if it's the 155 inch base or the 135 inch....Size...um...Matters to me  :p

Dang it, just found out it's the 135 inch base.....Well, may still look.....20" is 20"