They run this country?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was experiencing shortness of breath and thought I might need to quit smoking.

But then I realized that the real problem was all these "health conscious" joggers running laps around the island...they are using up all the oxygen!

When I ran into most of the city council out drinking at a favorite strip club, I mentioned my concerns. Together we are working on a collective exercise ban, and tax incentives to hotels that cater to overweight tourists. I am breathing easier already.

GotSmart said:
I am without words~~~
http://mashable.com/2015/12/14/town...ance+(Mashable!+Francais)#7ECtUxVReuqR[/SIZE]

[size=small][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The good people of Woodland, North Carolina are not 100% convinced by these solar panel thingamabobs, to put it lightly.
[font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]On Tuesday, the Woodland Town Council voted to reject a rezoning application that would allow a solar farm to be built by Strata Solar Company, the Roanoke-Chowan News-Herald reported. It also put a moratorium on all solar development.[/font]
[/font]

[size=small][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=small][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The council had previously ruled in favor of three other solar farms that are yet to be completed, but suspicious locals put the kibosh on the latest application.
[/font]
[/size][/font][/size]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Retired science teacher Jane Mann told the publication she was concerned the panels would prevent photosynthesis from occurring, keeping plants, which rely on the chemical process, from growing. Plants in the area around the solar panels are brown and dead due to not getting enough sunlight, Mann claimed.[/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]No reports have yet emerged as to whether science education is also "brown and dead" in Woodland.[/font]
[size=small][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=small][font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Local resident Bobby Mann, for his part, announced he was worried the panels would "suck up all the energy from the sun," the paper said.[/font][/size][/font][/size]

Thank goodness that woman is retired and no longer doing damage in the classroom.

This should be taken into consideration when people advance their suppositions of how solar panels will suck the sun devoid of it's energy. That they are simply clueless.

Here is a "to scale" image of the Sun (and I hope I don't have to point out which one the Sun is) and the other planets in our solar system.

Solar-System-to-Scale.jpg

If they put a typical "Solar Panel Farm" or even all the solar panels together on earth in this image I doubt they would even be visible.  And that's going to suck the sun dry ?  Inhibit photosynthesis ?  Keep our toilets from flushing ???

I'd offer this old "Ant City Game" to the good Experts of Woodland, NC.

ant-city-big.jpg

Play it here:   (have some fun with Solar energy today ! )

http://www.y8.com/games/ant_city

Reminds me of that mindless waste of oxygen in Congress (Hank Johnson  D-Ga)  who actually believed we should not send any more people to the island of Guam, because "The island will tip over....."

Yes, folks, they live and walk among us.  And we elect them to high office.  No wonder our nation is going down the toilet.    :-/

Latest posts