"The Holy Grail" name pending

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surfmore72

Reaction score
Well i bought a van!  '99 Chevy 1500 RB conversion with TV top.  5.7l with 120k on it.  Aftermarket air bag helpers in the back.  The plan is to tour the US this summer with every intention of finding a job and settling down with the fiance.  We want to keep it cheap but comfortable...aka...The Holy Grail.
Thinking: 
RB33 layout (galley walkway where drivers side couch folds out into the walkway forming a bed)
Solar panel/s on gutter mounted rack
maxxair fan
2x 6v golf cart batteries
200a solenoid
fridge/freezer combo
rear bumper (if the money lasts)
driver side bumper box (see above)

Hoping to build and DIY just about everything to keep costs down while adding some boondocking comforts.

Deconstruction starts monday!  but while im waiting...im designing the rack/solar system.
20170418_114759_zpsdtnbsd2u.jpg

-e

surfmore72 said:
Well i bought a van!  '99 Chevy 1500 RB conversion with TV top.  5.7l with 120k on it.  Aftermarket air bag helpers in the back. 
Good start, and welcome to the forum. :)

Nice van! Hope you really enjoy roaming in it.

Looks like it's in great shape!

Holy Grail sounds a bit pretentious for my taste...if "Cheap and Comfortable" are the criteria, how about:
1) Boone's Farm
2) Sweat Pants
3) Sandles

I was going to add Bankok Stripper to the list, but thought someone might find that offensive, so I won't...

:)

Yeah... you know... seeking the Holy Grail didn't work out so well for a LOT of crusaders... OR Indiana Jones! (grin)

Solar went on roof today! 150w renogy.   The panel was just the right width to get into the stringers!  Haven't drilled the wire hole yet though.  
Also put in maxxair fan.  Went through a rain storm already with no apparent leaks.... Got another storm coming though....

Latest posts