Telluride Fall Colors - September 24-30.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m a still a rubber tramp, but I’ve got a second home in Telluride via my Section 8 voucher and employee Housing.

I am getting known here, some folks like me, some do not.

DLTooley said:
I am getting known here, some folks like me, some do not.
Say what! Some people don't like you? How can anyone not like a big teddy bear who lives in Telluride, at least some of the time!

I am very lucky to be here. The story of how it happened four years ago makes it a miracle.

I'm highly interested in meeting up for the group event. I'm currently in Las Vegas new Mexico but I could be there in no time. I'm a vandweller with tent setup. Is there anyone nearby that is interested in going together?

moonmeditation87 said:
I'm highly interested in meeting up for the group event. I'm currently in Las Vegas new Mexico but I could be there in no time. I'm a vandweller with tent setup. Is there anyone nearby that is interested in going together?
Cool. One way it occurs to me to make this new camp meetup work is for people to start migrating into the general area over the next month, and then invite others via this forum. There may be a quorum by time the real meetup occurs. (if you're a woman, just be a little careful about announcing exact locations and times).

Sounds like you may already have been there, but you could migrate north via Taos, Chama, Buena Vista, Leadville, Aspen and maybe Gunnison, and eventually over to the Telluride area. Great country.

I'm a 30 year old Male with my girlfriend and our dog. I'm headed to telluride now I'm only about idk 5 hours or so. I'm okay getting there early though. This will be my first time there.

moonmeditation87 said:
I'm a 30 year old Male with my girlfriend and our dog. I'm headed to telluride now I'm only about idk 5 hours or so. I'm okay getting there early though. This will be my first time there.
In that case, you can broadcast to the world where you are, LOL. And I'm sure DL can use some help organizing things - didn't see that one comin, did you!

OTOH, the "long" way around wiggle room is still a good trip.

QinReno said:
In that case, you can broadcast to the world where you are, LOL. And I'm sure DL can use some help organizing things - didn't see that one comin, did you!

OTOH, the "long" way around wiggle room is still a good trip.

I'm definitely open to helping anyway I can! This is all new to me but I'll do what i can!

It is film festival weekend here. Volunteering for a pass is highly recommended.

If you are in the area please feel free to pm me.

Bob has started a BLM Caravan starting in November. We might be able to pull off starting a Forest Service Caravan here.

Mindful Camp has been talking about doing a Fall event in Sedona late September. The Sedona area organizer couple like the idea of folding that into a ‘caravan’. No firm dates yet, but likely the last half of October.

I like the idea of folks arriving early. I think we could do a camp rotation where a caravaner could pass along a choice spot.

We could do Flagstaff and/or Utah between here and Sedona.

All sorts of cool things coming. Bob has mentioned the caravans on his youtube channel, but not given details. Is there another link in regards the caravans? Fall Colors Meetup in Telluride would be a good lead in to a caravan.

A couple more thoughts on timing.

The closing weekend of these dates is the Telluride car show, cars and colors.

https://carsandcolors.com

Anyone for an informal Cheap RV show?

Telluride is a seasonal town and people travel - as such this event is timed just before one of those off season periods.

As such any events we did could also be targeted towards a local audience.

Feel free to pm me with any questions. I have a a few other spots that aren’t published on freecamping.net, which we can use if needed.

I plan on grabbing a spot at the Mary E a week prior. At two vehicles per site we could start to claim spots on a rotation.

I’ll be heading to Mindfull camp in Sedona, October 20, after this event.

This is more of a suggestion than a formal event. Weather is great and colors are just starting to come on strong.

I need oxygen to sleep out at this altitude and am having supply issues, so I am home bound. I’d love to meet up, in town, or camp. There are also several great hikes though I only do the easier ones.