Ta-Da! Almost done.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GypsySpirit

Reaction score
vardo1.jpgvardo2.jpg  New tires, new paint, new roof, new floor, new brake lights, new window.  Interior still needs work, but here it is!  Hope to see you all soon.

Attachments

• vardo2.jpg
    vardo2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 48
  • vardo1.jpg
    vardo1.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 57
Nice job. Did you repack the wheel bearings? I think I'd be tempted to install some bearing buddies if you haven't already just to be on the safe side and make for easy bearing lubrication. They are mostly used on boat trailers but you can use them on pretty much any trailer and you get a visual on how much bearing grease you have by how inflated or deflated the little bellows is when you take the protective cap off.

https://www.amazon.com/Bearing-Buddy-Stainless-Protectors-Diameter/dp/B01D52P1I0

That little trailer looks overloaded to me, is that building as heavy as it looks?

I'd sure hate for anything to happen to you (or it) pulling that around some curvy roads.

Thinking of doing something similar built on my 4x8 utility trailer (not a HF one). Need to check the axle rating to see if I need to beef it up a little. I'm guessing it is a basic 2000 pound rated axle so bumping it up to maybe in the 5000 pound range and using larger tires might make me feel a little more comfortable pulling it.

I haven't had a problem pulling it so far, I've been dragging it around for a couple of years now. Dragging is the right word, it pulls like a parachute. The utility box on the front is a new addition though.

Ah...I'm glad its towing well...and yeah it's not what we would call, 'sleek', but hey I bet it's roomy inside...

:cool:

ttnt trailers foamie section on their fourms has lots of light weight builds but experience seems to say over build the trailer cause you always want more. Mine started out on a 4x6 trailer then went to a 6x10 now I'm putting it on a 6x24 with dual 5,200 lb axles to be used as a toy hauler. I tell ya building is a disease! Oh and next week I'm gonna try to build a topper for my truck to haul my butt to the RTR! I really like the box.