Switching from dual purpose to deep cycle: advice?.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Byrd2001

Reaction score
Appears ‘learning battery’ is dead after left outside on TT during frigid cold waiting for repair parts. Current battery is InterstateHD24-DP. Considering deep cycle, but wonder if I need to consider switching any other parts of electrical system at same time. Currently occasional boondocker. Mostly use shore power.
(Never thought to pull battery before dropping off...but learned a lesson...so I'm chocking this up as a learning moment)

It would help to know your charging sources now. Learner battery, been there, done that.

also how much room you have for batteries. do you have the space for two 6 volt? highdesertranger

Current battery box sits on tongue: 9” tall, 8” wide, 11.5” long. Current battery just fits in this box. I could go a little longer if needed.  Prior to repair mess-up, I kept in garage when not camping and plugged into 120 about every 2 weeks. I knew was charged as I have a small digital display on side of battery box. I’m OK with a direct replacement if that appears best option. But I much prefer insights and suggestions from this forum before entering a store. Thanks

Also charge from alternator when in tow! Sorry...I assumed that was standard, but I found it is not always the case.