summer squashed for dog treats

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maki2

Reaction score
I was stir frying some veggies tonight and offered my friend's dog a small piece of summer squash to taste. He cautiously tried a bite and came back for more. I have left the bottom end of it near the edge of the counter and the rascal stole it right off the counter because he just had to get more of it. I did some research and found out that zuccini and the yellow summer squash are veggies dogs really do have a liking for and they are a safe food for their snacks.  Here is an article from the internet confirming that. https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/nutrition/can-dogs-eat-zucchini/

Healthy, low calorie and low fat for you and your pet. We like it raw or lightly sauteed.  I don't know what cats think of it but I do know that my former cats ate cooked squashes.

LOL They are little scamps aren't they? Our pittie will snag most any veggie he can get. :) I'll have to get some squash for us. Thanks