[split] Planning on joining the Nomad life

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wozlik

Reaction score
I do not know why THIS has become a “thing” to me, but I just feel like I have to do this.  I have a 2 cars, both paid off - a 2020 Kia Soul and a 1975 AMC Pacer that was in decent shape until my ex rolled it Bd messed up the door, undercarriage and front quarter panel.  I’m not comfortable driving a full size van or something with blind spots for a 5’ tall round gal.  I’ve got some money for conversion and a pension.  I live in MI and would like to hit the road in mid-September as well decked out as possible within my means. 
All referrals are appreciated
Marie

Welcome Marie to the CRVL forums! I hope you don't mind that I gave you your own thread so you'll get a proper welcome.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the forum Marie,. I think I responded to you on another thread. I get confused with all this stuff. But welcome I hope you find what you need here.

Welcome!
Shame about the Pacer, while odd looking cars they definitely stand out!

yea I was thinking mini van type also. gets you more room etc than cars. I would buy the biggest roomiest van/suv you are comfortable with driving. More space on the road is usually a good thing. Go test drive some and see how you do.

best of luck and hope you get out on the road soon!

Welcome, Wozlik. A minivan sounds like a good choice for you. I drive a Chevy city Express van for work and think it would make a great mini-home.

Thanks for all the info. I think I’ve decided to go with an older Transit Connect. My problem is I don’t understand if a cargo transit connect or a transit connect wagon would be best. I’ve got some cognitive issues and i get confused. If I got the cargo van would I need to insulate and not insulate with the wagon? How much space would I have? I just need a bit more space than I have in the Soul. Also I’d like a lift gate rather than the ones that have two doors that open in the back. Thanks.