Something To Do...With A Little Money Attached To It- Ideas??

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RoamerRV428 said:
with grooming situations on the road you can also do a walk from their campsite or doggie babysitting.  Many want to leave their pets in rvs and need someone to take them out etc.  This stuff is more if you are sitting in a site for a longer time obviously but you never know, any of those situations could bring in a few bucks for ya.  Pets traveling need good care so it is an open field kinda for ya.  People love their pets big time and will spend some bucks on them definitely :)

Great suggestion, by God....didn't think of this one- humpf….Thanks! :D

I know it seems more like you're looking for something to do rather than just strictly make money, but my suggestion is to not sell your property but rather rent it out while you are on the road. You could hire a property manager who would take a small cut, but then you wouldn't have to worry about anything while you were gone and would always have an income stream. So unless you really need to sell to be able to hit the road, I'd personally consider the alternative of renting it out. Having that income stream would also leave the door wide open for finding that thing you really do wanna do to earn money while traveling because you'd never be dependent on it. There'd be more room for trial and error so to speak.

For sure, renting my property out would certainly seem like my best option....but there was a time in my life where I was flipping forclosure properties and when everything tanked in 2008 I was stuck holding a few properties which I rented out for a number of years until the market recovered- I did have a professional property management group- but I will tell you, I was horrified to learn how renters are, not all...but the ones that rented my properties seemed like nice people, passed background and credit checks and were screened through the property management company but in the end I found things like roaches...holes kicked through doors...holes in walls...holes knocked in the exterior of the house- and everything was like new when they moved in- new carpet and paint inside and out...when it is not "Their" property, in my experience, they just don't care. So for me, to keep from being put in a straight jacket and being hauled off to Bellview It would be my preference to sell this property if the on the road thing was something that I ended up doing....in the end, If I was to have a home base, I want it to be at a higher elevation where it is a bit cooler anyway- these southern AZ summers just kill me. Great suggestion though....thank you!

I have one more idea, teach people how to do a very simple grooming on their own dog. My friend is grooming his own standard poodle because it got abused at the groomers. But I know he would pay someone to watch and advise on how to get it done quicker and easier and have it look better. He does not care about a fancy cut, he just wants functional. He is certainly not the only person who would like to learn just enough to get a little better result. An hour's time of instruction equals grocery or gas money! Plus it a great way to make new friends who will likely be a repeat customer the next time they pass your way. As dog people enjoy talking to other dog people you will soon have a word of mouth business going. Of course you need rules, they have to bath the dog before they come for the lesson would be one of those rules.

Great input!
Thanks!
Nope....I'm not one of these million dollar rigs people....I choose to live frugally....have worked my butt off....my rig is a 22' Fleetwood, circa 1992 that I remodeled myself...it has all the comforts of home including solar....all without breaking the bank or a monthly payment....thanks, I'm good!!

please don't post on subjects you know nothing about and please don't assume everyone in one type of rig or does one type of job are all the same. lumping everyone that YOU THINK act a certain way into one big group is naïve at best. some people have other names for it. highdesertranger