So this happened...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't let this get you down , I call them "road bumps" and believe me I've had some doozeys!
Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh

Maybe you can find another steel bodied bus
Jeez I hate parking lots

Have you considered getting a dashcam for the next vehicle? Getting rearended by a lawyer that tried to weasel out of responsibility convinced me that $75 now could save lots of pain later. It has already helped defuse a road rage incident as soon as the other guy realized he was being video and audio recorded.

Vacilador said:
Have you considered getting a dashcam for the next vehicle?

Yuppers!!

Dashcam & rear cam in the next rig for sure!

In this case neither would have helped as the rig was parked & unattended so no cams would have been recording.

When I was right near the base entrance to Imperial Dam LTVA back a bit my bus & a couple other vehicles were run off the road by a small semi plated Mexican & driving nutz. One of the other 2 had a dash cam & also was military from the base. Said they could clean up his video there & report his plate number to the authorities & the border. Guess it's a bad stretch that way & they are trying keep it safe. Pretty useful tools.

Today I am grieving...everything in here just got to where I can lay hands on what I want when I want it. I have an entire art studio tucked away in here!!

Attachments

• IMG_20160723_151310.jpg
    IMG_20160723_151310.jpg
    1.5 MB
I got awesome great news!!

I can keep my home! I really isn't structure that is hurt, just the wood. The appraisal came in above my declared value by a significant amount so the appraiser went to bat with insurance for me.

I have to reduce the value as its been cosmetically salvaged now but she is deemed roadworthy & repairable.

Her name is Chkshak & she is all lovely solid oak cabinetry & all my stuff is finally away!

Oh yay, oh yay, oh yay!!!

Thanks for the support here folks! It's been a rough 10 days & hugs to each & every one of you!!!

Awesome new, hc!!! Good for you!!!

It's coming along...

Attachments

• IMG_20160811_063130.jpg
    IMG_20160811_063130.jpg
    1.5 MB
  • IMG_20160813_154805.jpg
    IMG_20160813_154805.jpg
    1.5 MB
  • IMG_20160816_174637.jpg
    IMG_20160816_174637.jpg
    1.4 MB
  • IMG_20160817_185957.jpg
    IMG_20160817_185957.jpg
    106.9 KB
"Dashcam & rear cam in the next rig for sure!   In this case neither would have helped as the rig was parked & unattended so no cams would have been recording."

I don't know the how-much, or how-it-works on these cams, okay?

I used to drive for a subcontractor to the U.S. railroads, transporting rail crews.  Our vans had cameras in them (aiming forward and inward).   If I understand correctly, they were running continuously (even when parked), but only started RECORDING with impact or centrifical force.  Then they would record 8 seconds before the impact, and (I think) 4 seconds after impact.

The dashcam recordings that you see on YouTube are not the only types available, but you need to talk to someone who really knows the business, not some kid at WalMart.

Latest posts