Silver bullets

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcal

Reaction score
Son and grandsons like zombre/werewolf/vampire movies and games. I found silver 357 bullets that came with a wooden stake at Coonan that would have been great for son's birthday. But after spending all morning and half the afternoon trying to register for an account so I could purchase , I finally got thru to customer service and found (1) I had somehow gotten onto an obsolete  Web page that was supposed to be deleted, and (2) they had discontinued their Triple Threat Apocalypse Kit 6 months ago. I found a few silver bullets on ebay, but I have not had good experiences with ebay. Does anyone know of a regular company that sells silver bullets? Yes, I  know that's a frivolous use of money. No, I don't care.

I don't have a silver bullet seller handy but as for eBay, sellers there are quite reputable if they're established (check reviews), the issue is with temp employees hired by the PayPal service. They process transactions long enough to get card numbers and then quit. To protect yourself, use a credit card rather than a debit card, as a credit card holder will always side with you in the event of a dispute. Or, buy one of those prepaid Visa cards in a store and use it to make an online purchase.... You're never going to be on the hook for more than the value of the prepay...

Incidentally, I do have a bunch of nickel jacketed bullets surplus from the Turkish military when they ran low on copper... Real bullets that look silver but aren't... It's possible you may be able to find the same nickel jacketed 8mm Mauser ammo...

Silver Bullet/ Werewolf Repellant

41ShF4qowDL._SX425_.jpg

Not real ammo but looks good.

What about Winchester Silvertip ammo? You can probably get 357 silvertips at a gun store. They won't be cheap though.

If you roll your own these. . . http://oregontrailbullet.com/ have silver added.

I have a box full just in case of outbreak of critters that call for silver (Vampires,Werewolves) although have never tried them.

I reload with lead from Missouri Bullet Company.  2000 200 Grain 45 ACP ships in the flat rate USPS boxes.  Postal worker loves delivering!

I cast bullets for my Cap&Ball revolvers using pure lead.  I use alloyed lead for my cartridge pistol loads.  My father was a seine net fisherman.  When he passed away, I got his lead net weights and cast lead boat anchors.  Gives me a lot of cast bulllets!  Never considered using silver though.

I thought this thread was going to be about Coors Lite. lol highdesertranger

LeeRevell said:
I cast bullets for my Cap&Ball revolvers using pure lead.  I use alloyed lead for my cartridge pistol loads.  My father was a seine net fisherman.  When he passed away, I got his lead net weights and cast lead boat anchors.  Gives me a lot of cast bulllets!  Never considered using silver though.

Try casting a few and put them online for sale. The woman at Coonan said she wished she had more to sell. If you pack them with a couple wooden stakes, you have your bases covered.

Latest posts