sharing a nice spot near klamath lake oregon

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypsy Freedom

Reaction score
i spend a lot of time in the mountains west of klamath falls. it can be a great place to get away, but not to far from services in town. this spot is about half hour from the city of klamath falls and less than an hour to medford. the elevation is about 4200' and though it can get warm on summer days it always cools down in the evening. plenty of trees to hide in the shade, and as you will see water to keep you cool if your inclined to jump in. this video was shot around the beginning of may. i just shot it quick as i had some friends coming through and i just made a quick guide for them.

it is Four Mile Flat Quarry in the freemont winema national forest. i believe a couple of the caravans ended up here the last couple weeks. it may also look familiar to some if you keep up with bobs videos. he shot here more than once this spring.

the video is not the best, but maybe it will help some folks find a cool place to boonedock

I was in the area 2 weeks ago and would have like this spot. Thanks for posting and good directions. I did get a little motion sick from the bumpiness.

ya, hand held cell phone camera and bumpy dirt roads dont go together well, the rolling shutter makes it even worse.

Do you know how the Youtubers handle this issue? Gimble? or do the dashcams have auto stabilizers and/or better mounts?

I'm still a bit queasy... weak stomach I guess. :)

i spent a month there last year. A number of my videos came from the quarry site. Quiet during the week, a party on the weekend. The natives are slobs with their trash and it's popular with dwellers. The closest gas/food is the Odessa Market about 8 miles up the road towards KF's. The transfer station is closer to the quarry.

Travelmonkey said:
Do you know how the Youtubers handle this issue?  Gimble?  or do the dashcams have auto stabilizers and/or better mounts?  

I'm still a bit queasy...  weak stomach I guess.  :)

more money in equipment, more time shooting, more time editing, and more time post processing to remove shake.
just a warning, i think the next one might be just as bad or worse... lol not all my vids will be like this. this is just something i had that several others have asked for me to post up on youtube

jimindenver said:
i spent a month there last year. A number of my videos came from the quarry site. Quiet during the week, a party on the weekend. The natives are slobs with their trash and it's popular with dwellers. The closest gas/food is the Odessa Market about 8 miles up the road towards KF's. The transfer station is closer to the quarry.

once school gets out and it warms up it is a zoo at times. but earlier in the year just after the snow melts and the forest if coming to life it is great, if a bit chilly. i have property nearby that the county severely limits the number of days i can camp on it. so i often spend the night at the quarry or one of several other spots i have nearby and just pop over to my property to work on what ever project i have going