RV repair at a camp?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the thread is about repair... but I need a generator installed under chassis (preferably connected to fuel tank) and shore power hook up.... where can I post to find someone who can do good work at a reasonable price among the van dwellers?

The local rip off RV place wants thousands above and beyond the cost of the generator and bracket.

Doc I don't know what they are wanting to charge you but what you are describing is not an easy job. mounting the genny 500 bucks, do you want a remote start? tapping in a new fuel line off your main tank, another 500, shore power hook up another 500 with parts. I am giving good guy prices. what do you think it's worth? highdesertranger

NomadBob, I think it's a great idea. There is a local guy here who makes a ton of money when the snowbirds are here. After installing our new ceiling air units, he mentioned that he had 11 more calls to make that day! He charges $95 to come out, and $35 an hour for repairs. Just pass out a business card everywhere you go in any RV area, and you'll be wildly successful! He only does coach work, not engine work.

We've been waiting THREE WEEKS now for someone to replace the fuel pump on our RV! No one could come out to our site for all this time. So, that just shows how big the demand is for good repairmen out here! Bob Wells also has a great idea, do the work at boondocking camps, where there is no one to tell you what you can or cannot do at the sites.

DesertD, if its the in tank type i doubt you will be able to change it on site

The gas tank is now dropped, and they are working on it. I guess it needs a distributor, as well, so they left yesterday and we're waiting to hear back from them. No one has said a thing about doing the on site repair.  :D

so if the fuel pump didn't work how did they determine the distributer was bad? highdesertranger

file36, your question deserved it's own thread so I split it off this one. Look for answers in your own thread.

Sorry, I guess I was a bit wrong on the progress of the repair, the new fuel pump replacement is installed, and it still didn't fire (my heart truly sank at this point!). They left here with the old distributor yesterday, so we're waiting for them to finish. I hope this completes it, getting mighty spendy here  :(

Latest posts