RV dealer burned down in a flood

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGfromBC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A large part of the Lower Mainland part of British Columbia is under water and bridges and highways connecting us with the rest of BC and the rest of Canada are damaged beyond immediate repair.  While surrounded by water, but protected by a dike, a huge RV dealership looked OK.  Hundreds of RVs were on the lot.  Somehow a fire started.  Fire fighters were unable to get near the fire.  This is drone footage of the aftermath.

RV Lot Fire Aftermath | Abbotsford BC | North Parallel Road - YouTube

The following is a link to a Transportation Ministry page where they are posting photos and video of damage to highways leading in and out of Vancouver (Canada's largest port).  Both railways are out of commission too.  Logistics experts are working on routes to transport trucks and trains across the border while repairs are made.

Emergency Flooding Event - November 2021 | Flickr

Sorry I don't have some simple photos for those without larger internet access.

MG

WOW! I had heard of the flooding; but had no clue how truly bad it is.

My condolences & empathy to the people & critters of BC.

Now that the fire is out, the news people have moved on to other things. There are photos and video showing that the water did actually get into the yard with hundreds of RVs. Rumours are that this was OK until the water reached the LIFEPO4 batteries. About 100 RVs were burned to the chassis.

MG