Rusty's Restored Airstream Is A Very Stylish Creative Home On Wheels...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frighteningly colorful.

Granted, I may have a somewhat skewed perspective having spent most of the last twenty-five years in theatres with black walls.

Styling preferences tend to be quite personal and subjective.  This is interesting, but I think the clash of colors would give me a headache after a short while.  ;)
The red bedroom walls would make me think I am trying to sleep inside a ....  stomach!  :-/

I don't know. Maybe this Rusty person really likes living in that decor. But this post reminds me of how much time, money, and effort some people put into LOOKING unique.

I didn't see anything in the disclaimer that said "no hallucinogenic drugs were consumed during the design and build of this rig"! :p

It’s most be a new design group from the Flying Wallenda circus wagon inspired collection, now available at Raymor and Flanagan.

Beautiful. But I couldn't live with the pink. I do like colours. And bright ones at that. I get tired of mixing white, beige and tan paint all day long. Then go home to an RV park that is basically a sea of white, beige and tan. My bus is a now faded turquoise.

Took me three yellows (light to saturated) to get the right yellow on my partition walls (Behr PPU6-13 Hawaiian Pineapple). Yellow is a tricky colour to get right. When it's right, it's fantastic. When it's wrong, it's either an okay wrong or an OMG-What-Have-I-Done wrong.

I'm on my second blue for the cabinets as the first one was a tad too pale for me. David objected to the brighter blue I wanted. Now since it's just me, I changed the colour to Behr Marquee MQ4-21 Caicos Turquoise which look much better with the yellow walls. I will paint the exterior of the bus the same colour when I repaint it.

My trim mouldings will all be painted Behr PPU5-1 Espresso Beans which is a very dark brown. Accordian Doors that I still need to buy are Espresso coloured. I painted the old rocking chair with the brown and when the weather warms up in the spring, the 4 poster bed will be painted the same colour. The mini daybed I bought is also called Espresso. The dark browns pop against the light coloured walls and against the bright yellows.

The countertops in the kitchen are a ceramic tile that looks like old concrete
 with a 4" high marble mosaic inlaid into the backsplash. I used the same marble to create the surround on the fireplace and in the bathroom to frame the mirror on the medicine cabinet along with a short strip around the top edge of the white Corian backsplash (the white was so boring).

I still have to get the anaglypta pressed tin look wallpaper up on the ceiling and then paint it to look like old (silver) tin with a little bit of rust here and there.

The long side walls have Trafficmaster Ainsely Oak laminate flooring (looked better than any of the paneling we looked at) which matches the med-golden oak toilet seat I bought. The ends are also the laminate flooring but colour washed with the paler blue (Behr 510D-4 Embellished Blue), some white and the silver metallic to look like old boards. It's a more subtle look than the vanity cabinet but the small amount of colour washed is in the bedroom and over the front windshield. I need to be able to sleep and a too lively decor in the bedroom will not allow me to do that (not that I sleep much lately).

My flooring is Trafficmaster Ceramica which looks and feels like a golden tan ceramic tile but much lighter and warmer underfoot.

Here is a pic of my fireplace. It shows the flloor tile on the hearth, the mosaic and the arm of the rocker. That is the drabbest part of the bus.
PIC_5041_zpsc3a2c752.jpg

I love it. The inside of it looks like the outside of my rig...lots of colors.

My dad lived in a '70's Airstream just like that(not on the inside). It was soooo cool. He re carpeted it with this super plush red shag.

I towed it a few times and my '78 F-250 hated it, very big and heavy. I wouldn't want to have to drive around a big city with one but man those are great quality rigs.

wow, what can I say. I don't think I could put up with those colors for very long, kinda makes me nauseous. at least he kept them on the inside out of sight. highdesertranger

Latest posts