Rubber tramping Mexico

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USExplorer

Reaction score
Howdy rubber trampers! By the first of November, I will be back on the road again, going back to the nomadic lifestyle after a seven month hiatus here in far west Texas. This time, I plan to spice things up a little by taking my old Explorer across the frontier and setting out into the heart of Mexico. My import permit is valid until December 17th, so I'll have six weeks to dive in and see what our sister republic has to offer. This isn't my first rodeo south of the border: I spent a month in Baja California last March, and took a few weekend trips down to Chihuahua and the Sierra Madre Occidental during my stint here in Big Bend National Park. Right now, I do not have any definite plans for my time in Mexico, though I'm thinking about driving the Pacific Coast from Mazatlan southward. 

So what I'd like to know...is there anyone here up for an adventure? We can convoy together, or if you don't have a vehicle or don't want to take it into Mexico, we can rideshare together, splitting costs. Additional info: I am 23 years old, and I drive a Ford Explorer. As of 9/22, I have brought norteamericanos into Mexico four times. 

Drop a line or PM me if you are interested. Luke K

Wait how does someone get into Mexico? Do we need a passport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kia girl said:
Wait how does someone get into Mexico?  Do we need a passport

I'm not sure about needing a passport to get into Mexico (most likely), but you absolutely will need one to get back into the US.

RVtrek said:
I'm not sure about needing a passport to get into Mexico (most likely), but you absolutely will need one to get back into the US.

I may have to check it out. I will be on the road again very soon.

You will need a passport or a passport card. Passport card is good if you walk or drive into Mexico or Canada, if you're flying then you need an actual passport.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

trailsailor said:
You will need a passport or a passport card. Passport card is good if you walk or drive into Mexico or Canada, if you're flying then you need an actual passport.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Thank you I will look more into it