RTArtCamp 2018

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSun

Reaction score
RTR was so big in 2017!  A separate music camp broke off so they could make all the music they wanted without bothering anyone in the main camp.  I had a delightful time making artwork and giving a presentation on eBay selling while on the road.  Now as I plan for RTR2018, I've talked to Bob about an idea and he said, "Go for it!"  And so a new auxiliary to the RTR begins:  RTArt Camp!

What I envision is simple:  An area within the main camp where we will have some tables, maybe canopies, and donated art supplies.  Some open art-making studio time when people are welcome to come play, and classes if people step up to teach.  Maybe a sewing circle if there is interest. 

Who can donate art supplies?  Lend us tables or canopies?  Teach a class?  Blaize Sun and I will coordinate, and we'd love your help, input, and ideas.

Sue Soaring Sun
1984 Lazy Daze 20-footer
On the road since 2011

As a postscript to my invitation to RTArt Camp 2018, here's what I'm planning to bring:

Probably a half-dozen or more sketchbooks that I can share
A couple hundred colored pencils
Two folding tables
A sun canopy (won't hold up to rain or heavy wind)
And I can teach a class on how to draw mandalas

clap.gif

Great idea!

I want to encourage people who might have a skill to teach to speak up! I'm sure hoping we'll have someone with tie-dye or other T shirt design skills at RTArt Camp. I'm going to start gathering extra T shirts at thrift stores. I encourage people who want to be art campers to bring things you want to decorate while at RTR.

Wooo-hoo! Sounds right up my alley! Tables to loan, misc crafting supplies. Can think of something to teach or share, I'm sure.

Wonderful! I hope people will keep chiming in. As we get closer to the event, we can start shaping up some sort of class schedule. What kind of arts or crafts do you do?

I dabble in many. Crochet, paint, sew, the basic stuff. Really want to learn to knit socks. anyone willing to teach that?

I can GypsySpirit but I'm left handed so I kind of knit funny...well according to those right handed kintters anyways... :D

Would you consider beading/jewelry making art? I have bags of beads, memory wire, findings, etc I'd be happy to share. (I planned on taking them with me when I went full time so I'd have something to do when it rained). Though despite having an Etsy store for years I'm no expert.

TheSun said:
RTR was so big in 2017!  A separate music camp broke off so they could make all the music they wanted without bothering anyone in the main camp.  I had a delightful time making artwork and giving a presentation on eBay selling while on the road.  Now as I plan for RTR2018, I've talked to Bob about an idea and he said, "Go for it!"  And so a new auxiliary to the RTR begins:  RTArt Camp!

What I envision is simple:  An area within the main camp where we will have some tables, maybe canopies, and donated art supplies.  Some open art-making studio time when people are welcome to come play, and classes if people step up to teach.  Maybe a sewing circle if there is interest. 

Who can donate art supplies?  Lend us tables or canopies?  Teach a class?  Blaize Sun and I will coordinate, and we'd love your help, input, and ideas.

Sue Soaring Sun
1984 Lazy Daze 20-footer
On the road since 2011
Doing this on my stupid smartphone so will see if it works.  GRIN.  I didn't teach any classes the last two years but each year before that I have taught wire jewelry classes.  I provide all of the wire and beads etc and I have tools that we can use.  There is never a charge for my classes.  This year I am absolutely going to limit the classes to NO MORE than 10 people.  The last class I taught at RTR was 27 people and it was just to hard to help everyone who needed me.  I will do as many classes as needed just no more than 10 per class GRIN.  It would be wonderful to have a special place to leave sign up lists and just hang out with other crafters.  Looking forward to learning new stuff too.

Sorry I posted about wire jewelry classes and I thought I had deleted the post I was answering.  It didn't delete.  Maybe this will work.  It also didn't add my name.  Guess I haven't been on here for a while.  I am Cheri, also known as Grammahugababy.  Looking forward to seeing everyone at RTR.

Dream True, yes of course beads and stuff will be fun. Even if everyone just brings whatever they are working on at the time it will all be fun. I have things that I know I will never use that someone might love. HUGS

I love this idea. I'm probably only going to make it down for a few days, or a week at max depending on what kind of work I find to pay the bills.

I'm not sure I have skills to share (I'm a good photographer and videographer but not good enough to share). As a published author I could maybe work with anyone interested in creative writing or help with how to write engaging blog posts, but probably not a class...just maybe a discussion and some constructive input on what people are working on and putting out there.

TheSun said:
RTR was so big in 2017!  A separate music camp broke off so they could make all the music they wanted without bothering anyone in the main camp.  I had a Who can donate art supplies?  Lend us tables or canopies?  Teach a class?  Blaize Sun and I will coordinate, and we'd love your help, input, and ideas.
I can teach an intro to oil painting if there is an interest.
Here is a painting I did in 2016.

Attachments

• canoe.jpg
    canoe.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 31
I've been gone for about a week, visiting family. Back now and beginning to put together a big Rubbermaid tote of art supplies that I can share. I shop lots of thrift stores for my business, so I'll keep my eyes open for cool things to bring. Kits are fun, especially for folks who maybe haven't done any art for a while and would like to have printed instructions. I can also bring some art techniques books to lend.

IDream True said:
Would you consider beading/jewelry making art? I have bags of beads, memory wire, findings, etc I'd be happy to share. (I planned on taking them with me when I went full time so I'd have something to do when it rained). Though despite having an Etsy store for years I'm no expert.

Of course beading would be wonderful!!  Thank you for participating.  I am really getting excited about this.