RIP Glen Campbell

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His music brings back so many memories from childhood, it was always on the radio, playing in the background.

Alas I was never a fan of country music, but I do remember watching his TV show when I was a kid.

While working construction in Houston in the late '70s on the weekends we would head to the beach. There was a bar in Galveston called the Poop Deck that we visited and the only song on the jukebox was "Galveston" by Campbell. Either that or they played it over and over. I can't really recall as my memory of that period is a little fuzzy.

He and his family made their journey through Alzheimer's public. They shined a light on a very dark and closeted disease and sparked a much needed conversation.

With two parents suffering from this disease, I'm so grateful for his courage and gift.

I remember listening to Galveston when dad was on his last tour in VietNam and listening to the people around me who's dad wasn't overseas, clueless people who had no idea about the world my family, and others just like mine, inhabited. First time I ever knew what is was like to be different, apart.

The pride of Delight, Arkansas. Don't blink when you go through. One I like.

Glen Campbell was indisputably a good musician. Just wasn't my taste in music. He definitely made a mark in the musical world, and will be missed.
R.I.P. Glen Campbell. :(

I enjoyed many of his songs and he always came across as a nice guy. I don't have any of his music downloaded but think I'll get a few just as a remembrance. R.I.P. Mr.Campbell.

Yes, I saw the Alice Cooper interview, and vaguely remember the bit about The Beach Boys.

Ballenxj said:
Yes, I saw the Alice Cooper interview, and vaguely remember the bit about The Beach Boys.

Yeah,  I was going to say that if you like the Beach Boys,  you've liked Glen. ..
He was a highly respected session man before he went out on his own. 

A lot of the hot guitar work was done by him. 

Pat

Glen Campbell's beautiful daughter Ashley sings "Remembering". Get out your kleenex...

[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ58YOgZi4M[/video]