Renogy bendable panel recall

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrNoodly

Reaction score
From the Renogy site:

[font=Biryani, sans-serif]RNG is issuing a voluntary product recall of specific 100 Watt Renogy bendable solar panels. This product is being voluntarily recalled because the configuration of the product may cause it to overheat, posing a fire hazard to consumers.[/font]

[font=Biryani, sans-serif]The products are 100 Watt bendable solar panels purchased after April 28th, 2015 (model number RNG-100DB). The products have the UPC code 720825342283 and a serial number beginning with 15029201504030xxx or 15037201504140xxx.[/font]

[font=Biryani, sans-serif]Please stop using the product immediately and return the product to RNG for a full refund or a replacement product. If you have questions about this voluntary recall, please call RNG toll-free at 1 (800) 330-8678, ext. 2, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST Monday through Friday, or email [email protected]. Please be prepared with an order number or email address to look up the order.[/font]

[font=Biryani, sans-serif]https://www.renogy.com/voluntary-product-recall/[/font][/SIZE]

I believe this is the second time they have recalled their bendable panels. highdesertranger

That recall happened right when I was looking to buy "bendable" panels. I ended up buying WindyNation bendable/flexible panels and have been pleased with them.

OkB and C said:
That recall happened right when I was looking to buy "bendable" panels.  I ended up buying WindyNation bendable/flexible panels and have been pleased with them.

Is your installation on that would have heat issues?

MrNoodly said:
From the Renogy site:

[font=Biryani, sans-serif]This product is being voluntarily recalled because the configuration of the product may cause it to overheat, posing a fire hazard to consumers.[/font]

If we saw a roof with solar panels on fire, should we report that as a 'solar flare'?

:D

That recall is from 2016. Renogy has a newer flex panel.