Ready for my first trip out

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christirose

Reaction score
Hi All,
        Ummm, how do I write this without sounding like a "dating profile"??? LOL 

My name is Christi. I've been watching videos for 3yrs while getting my health back to be able to do this.
I am 63 on disability and ready to really live the rest of my life. I grew up camping and camping has always been my preferred vacation, now I'm ready to live my vacation life.

I drive an old jeep that I trust with my life so I took the seats out and have a nice little build that includes a bed, a place for my stove, a sink with 10gal water storage and, a fridge. And a roof carrier for extra storage.

I'm looking forward to boondocking without a city in sight and listen to how loud the silence of nature is. I want to hike among the trees in the cool morning, sit in the shade and play cards in the heat of the day and watch the fire flickering against the background of the night under a blanket of stars.

I am nervous about being on the road alone but excited for the opportunity to find friends to travel with.

To all who read this, I look forward to meeting you on the road. Till then, God be with you in your travels.

Head to Quartzsite. You’ll have to hide if you don’t want friends.

Welcome to the forum Christyrose. You are a poet. Your 4th paragraph is darn near poetry. Tastes as sweet as honey to me. I would replace the card playing with a good book, cause I am almost always alone. It sounds to me like you’re ready get out here and enjoy it and hopefully we will run into each other somewhere someday. I am an East Coast Snowbird but I plan to get out west sometime. I don’t always get what I want but I’m happy that I don’t get what I deserve. God bless you.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

No pics yet, christirose.  You might need more posts, like ten or something. Try try again.

Not too hot yet in southern AZ, we had a day or two in the 80's but mostly 70's. A lot of people leave in May for the higher elevations, with most gone by 4th of July when it is 110 degrees in the shade. After that you need serious air conditioning for sure and a shade in the low desert. Why adobe and the sombrero was invented.
-crofter

christirose said:
I'm not real good at picture taking, I'll work on getting some suitable but until then here is 2 pic

Christirose, welcome to the group and thanks for the pictures. I love the pride in your work! You just don't see any pride in peoples work anymore so when I see it, I have to compliment.  Great job on your build!

Latest posts