Potential Treatments for Coronavirus / COVID-19

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedFoster

Reaction score
Based on a video I've seen, there are certain drugs that might be used to treat someone who's become sick:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]• Remdesivir, which was developed in response to Ebola[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]• chloroquine or the newer version, hydroxychloroquine[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]• chloroquine / hydroxychloroquine, mixed with azithromycin. This combination may work even better than chloroquine / hydroxychloroquine alone.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Don't know anything about the medical system in Mexican border cities, but perhaps someone could get a doctor there to write a prescription for one of these.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]The video:[/font]

[size=small][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][video=youtube]

There have already been deaths of people trying the quack suggestions. There is no evidence that any of the suggested drugs do anything against Covid-19. Fox is the last place anyone should go for info on Covid-19. Fox news is NOT a valid or reliable source of info on Covid-19.

Damm foolish to rely on info from a video that has not scientific support.

Admin, might be a good idea to remove this thread in total.

I am not trying to argue or put someone down. So don't take offence. Mark Green, who is interviewed in this clip is not only a congressman but also a MD. There have been 3 international studies on the drug and it's proven effective. That is a matter of record - google it. There are many MDs who hold out hope for it as well as documented testimonies of individuals who were treated successfully. I know little about TV but apparently a MD know as Dr OZ (media man but a real MD) has links to these studies and successful cases on his web site. I ran this info by my nephew who is a Dr of Pharmacy and MD researcher at the University of Chicago and he says that many of his peers are excited about its potential and quickly moving studies as fast as possible. This drug is available under the direction of Dr for cases where it is evident that nothing else is working. Israel just shipped a large amount of the Dr to the US. Again I am not one to argue but lets try to keep our political opinions from tainting what might be true.

It’s my understanding these drugs are effective in treating malaria and lupus, I believe, and are being tested to see if they might work against the coronavirus.

That is not known yet, but there are recent reports of so many people trying to get these drugs that the demand is creating a shortage for those who must take it daily.

Quite honestly, I don’t think this is the place to be posting and speculating on treatments.

There are scientists who are doing this right now.

Practicing medicine without a license if you need a prescription for this.   -,crofter

Crofter - again just a friendly question please don't take offence but who is practicing with out a license?

I'm going to leave this up. I don't know whether this is good information or not. Do not take any medication on advice from a YouTube video.
If the thread deteriorates into bickering it will be deleted.

So the news stories are not exactly "fake news" there is an indication from records in China that some of these things did work in their clinical trials. But of course in this country we are required to run our own clinical trails.

So actually all of the above is currently underway in legitimate testing in the USA at various major hospitals. But it is a very small controlled test, not a throw it at anyone and everyone situation. This testing is being done following standard, scientific methods for testing drugs. I am in Seattle so I am seeing legitimate news sources about these clinical trails being run at the University of Washington which has both a medical school as well as an associated highly regarded hospital.

But you must understand these are small clinical trials it is not yet in widespread use for treating Covid 19 and the data from the trails is not yet all accumulated and no final results can be published until the trial is completed. These trials are going on in several locations around the country which is important for being able to verify the data from more than just one source.

This news story source presents an accurate view of the current situation regarding the trials going on in the Seattle area along with statements from CDC officials and some doctors as well. It is not "fake news" regarding clinical trails even though the title of the website might seem that way. But Seattle is both a computer town and a town with a great many biomedical facilities, hospitals, leading edge cancer centers, etc. Plus of course where the first Covid 19 case in the USA was identified and the first major hotspot so they got a jump on it weeks ahead of other areas when it came to starting new clinical trail testing.
https://www.geekwire.com/2020/uw-tr...antimalarial-drug-researcher-calls-promising/

Spaceman Spiff said:
Not just Fox - they are not better or worse than any of the other major 'news' media.  They are more into fanning panic than delivering good information.

As to hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin:  from clinical trials in France
https://techstartups.com/2020/03/27...eated-80-coronavirus-patients-significant-dr/
i haven't heard ABC, NBC, or CBS downplay the Coronavirus as a hoax. Even Rupert Murdoch, founder of Fox,
got sick of it and told everyone to start taking it serious. They finally fired Trish Regan for this as well.

I am very sensitive to not becoming a source of controversy yet I enjoy a good exchange with people whose opinions differ from mine as long as we can keep it"friendly". That said in the interest of harmony I am out of here. Thank all.