Pilot friend missing since Sunday, Please send a prayer, Hope or Good Thought!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE They tracked the radar pings to Braybrook Rd south of Lawrence off 52nd st. They have a huge turn out with a helicopter, planes, drones, atvs & people on foot. This is about 5 miles from our farm but it's close to a grown up lake & swamp hard to access. I hope they find him today. Will post any more updates!

Last edited:
It will probably show on several of the airplane forensics youtube channels, including Dan Gryder's Probable Cause.

It's premature but 6 miles north of Dow AP is a private grass strip, I learned on ski's & this was the 1st place I landed. He may have tried to make it or maybe landed & hit a groundhog hole & flipped it over. Taildraggers flip easy. Who knows. Looks like my wife alerted the civil air patrol tues am asking if they had an update. They said they knew nothing about it. Strange. Thanks Everyone!
Now they say 2 miles north, who knows?

Last edited:
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, but I am glad he was doing something he loved. And it sounds like he lived a good full life. My condolences to his family.

Latest posts