Pet Care while you are sight-seeing

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunshineT1965

Reaction score
I am seriously thinking about traveling and living full-time in an RV or Van right now.  My concern is making money while I am on the road.  So my question to you seasoned full-time travelers is this:

I have a background as a professional dog trainer.  I worked for a doggy daycare for 2 years.  My daughter (who might go on this adventure with me) is a full-time pet sitter. 

Let's say we decided to stay at a campground near a popular National Park and offered pet sitting services while people were off exploring, do you think that people would take us up on it?

We live in Colorado in a tourist area and know that people are surprised by the fact that they are not allowed to take their pets everywhere with them.

I am just wondering if this would be an option for us for income.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Sunshine! This is a concern for a lot of people but I don't know if it's a workable option. Hopefully some more experienced people will chime in.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

I've used Rover.com. it's all about positive references

If there was a human being right there where you were that you could meet and get a feel for, would you be more likely to hire them than a stranger off of Rover?

If we were to coordinate with the camping host or owner to offer our services, would you be more likely to use that than a stranger off of Rover?

I am just trying to get a feel for what people are doing, not trying to be difficult.

What about pet treats? I make my own and am wondering if there is a market for those. They would be single-ingredient jerky or grain-free biscuits, maybe even some frozen treats.