Only in the thinking stage at this point

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolarPwrd

Reaction score
My youngest is 18 and I'm thinking about the potential of maybe one of these days sometime in the future -- becoming a nomad. Especially if something were to happen economically, the thought that you can turn to campervanning and land on your feet, that's really enticing. Anyway, I currently live in NH and have lived up and down the east coast but have never been in the central or west. I don't know if I could survive the lack of deciduous trees in the desert, but if that's where the land is, and where the climate is tolerable year round, and a group of nomads gathers, then I guess I would try it out, maybe. Anyway, the youtubes are fun, and reading this forum will be too. : )

Welcome SolarPwrd to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

just a little hint, it's about 110° in the desert southwest right now, hardly what you would call tolerable. most only spend the winter in the desert and head for the mountains in the summer.

highdesertranger

Thanks, high. I guess living where I do problems with heat don't come to mind as quickly as problems with cold. :) But I did see one of Bob's videos today where he talked about heading to higher elevations in the summer.

We're so densely populated in the northeast, it's a little scary to think about all the openness out there. What if you get lost? LOL.

Welcome.  I don't get lost, I just haven't got to where I was going yet :angel:

Hi SolarPwrd. I am also in the planning stages and in the northeast (Vermont). I hope to reassure you - there are plenty of woods in the southwest. I lived in Albuquerque for ten years and loved getting out into the woods for camping. Of course, your proximity to trees varies depending on where you are. I recall cypress, pine, elm, and beautiful golden aspen that shimmered on the mountains. Happy virtual travels and actual travels too!

Latest posts