Old newcomer - from US-Switzerland

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BiBo

Reaction score
Hello to all.
My first van-dweller experience was in 1977 when I converted a 1963 Ford Econoline bakery truck into an insulated, equipped, livable van, and spent the winter and next year between ski-bumming and temp working throughout the western states. If van-dwelling existed at the time, I hadn't heard about it. My van went several times back and forth to the east coast, down to Baja California with surfboards and so on. I loved it.
Many years later, in Europe. Spring of 2020, COVID pandemic. Not easy to find a hotel room to stay in, so I convinced my SO to convert our 1998 Toyota Previa that we'd used to haul babies, dogs, and baggage around Europe into a convertible stealth camper. Curtains, big mattress on the lay-down back seats, minimal camping gear stored here and there, mosquito nets over the windows, chamber pot... you guys know the story!
We don't actually live in it full time - not yet? - but we use it when we travel, and find places to park for the night.
Looking forward to enjoying this site.
BiBo

Welcome BiBo to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the forum. Yes van living was a thing in 1977 and much before. I was there, part time but still fun. Welcome hope to hear a lot more from you.