Offroad tires for Odyssey

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdbpost

Reaction score
Need recommendations after finding it hard to find light truck or the E tires I've seen mentioned here. Both Tire Rack and Discount Tire have been less than helpful. I'm original owner of my 2005 Odyssey van and planning on trying out nomad life for a few months in June or July. The chat guy at Tire Rack came up with the Michelin Agilis Crossclimate but I can't figure out how. What are people using out there now? The standard size of Odyssey is 235/65R16, and the 16" wheels seem to be one problem for matching light trucks and SUV's. There's not much clearance, so I won't be doing any roads that are very rough.

Just for a little info. Chat people for businesses are likely to be chat bots. They do a good job under most circumstances, but are only as good as their programming and what they are able to learn, if allowed or able to do so.

You're better off speaking with an actual person on the phone or in person so you can explain your needs.

just put an LT in front of your size LT235 65R 16. I found all kinds of them. Highdesertranger

I have had good luck with Cooper Discoverer tires. They are a nationwide company. I bought this last set through Big O Tire. They make an LT235 65R 16 I believe.

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately Cepek doesn't seem to fit the Odyssey and I didn't see one of the Discoverer series with the mileage I was hoping for. The LT trick sort of worked but only when using the basic search box. None of the tire selection pages I found allowed me to limit the search to truck tires and then specify standard metric sizes to narrow the search to my specific size. Discount Tire let me look at just truck tires, but then I had to pick ones at random to see if they would fit. In the end I ordered the Agilis. I know they'll fit, the load index is higher than the OEM and normally recommended replacements (121 vs 103), and it's snow rated with tread that looks like it should do acceptably well in dirt and sand. If I remember I'll come back and post an review after I've put some miles on them.

Latest posts