Official DATES for RTR 2018: Rules and Maps

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akrvbob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the OFFICIAL announcement of the dates of the RTR 2018, they are:

January 11-21, 2018

All human beings are welcome as are all types of rigs!!

For all the details about the RTR, go to this updated page:
http://www.cheaprvliving.com/gatherings/

Folks, I hate rules as much as anybody does, but we simply can NOT have 500-1000 people together in a small space on Public Land and not follow some basic rules. 

No one likes it, but we are all grown-ups and can do it for 2-weeks!!

These are some of the official rules of the RTR:

It is my camp, I am responsible for it:
Every year someone rebels against the rules and tells me, "It's not your land, it's public land and I can do anything I want on it." THAT'S NOT TRUE!! Whenever a large gathering is hosted on BLM or National Forest Land, they require that someone take responsibility for that gathering--at the RTR, that someone is ME! If you do something wrong, first they will talk to you, but then they will come and talk to me and issue me a warning. If I can't control the group, they won't allow us to gather! IT IS MY CAMP, AND I DO GET TO INSIST YOU FOLLOW THE RULES

Noise Warning:
I go to the desert for the silence and quiet, and I may want to listen to my choice of music. I do NOT go to the desert to listen to your choice of music or generator!! If you need to listen to music or run your generator, your neighbors around you should not have to listen to it. If they do, we ask that you park further out from camp where you won't bother others. It's a BIG desert, you can still be within easy walking distance but where no one else can hear you. 

I do intend to have a designated NOISE CAMPING AREA for those who need to generate noise.

As an introvert, I need alone time to recover from a group this large and I do that by going into my van and being alone. But if YOUR music intrudes on my space, I am no longer alone, you are in there with me, violating my space and my alone time. Please do NOT do that!!

Dog Leash Warning:
Starting this year it's expected that all dogs will be on a leash while in camp. It's a BLM Rule and just common courtesy. I hate that rule as much as you do!! Fifty weeks a year I try to live as rule-free as I can,  but we are going to have a lot of people in a small space so there is no choice, we have to follow some simple rules. While no one at the RTR has an enforcement authority, you are coming as an invited guest in my camp--that's the only reason you will be there.  If you insist on breaking the rules, I'll call the Ranger and I suspect he will be glad to enforce BLM rules.

Please respect my rules in my camp. If you are coming to MY camp to make my life unpleasant, please don't come.

Maps to the RTR. Notice that in the GPS coordinates you MUST use the negative sign, or you'll end up in China:

Qzt-real-coordnate-sat-001-1-2.jpg

Qzt-sat-map-001.jpg

akrvbob said:
This is a sticky thread

Its sticky thread because this post made me super happy!(if u know what I mean)...

Hopefully see you all there and you like me as much as I like you! :cool:

You work very hard to make the gathering enjoyable and enlightening for everyone. Thanks, Bob. Following the rules for two weeks or less seems a small price to pay for all folks get out of it. I plan to be there this year.

Thank you Bob for all the hard work you put into this gathering and the vandwelling community as a whole! I will see you in Q.

Thanks Bob! Max the Wonder puppy will be there as will be his lowly servant.

This will be my first RTR. Looking forward to making it there.

Those are hardly rules.......more like common decency. I think this year everyone will be a bit more prepared for a large crowd and have a hunch things will go pretty smoothly.

I am going to do my best to get out there no matter what i'm driving. Need to start putting some faces to these names!

jimindenver said:
Thanks Bob! Max the Wonder puppy will be there as will be his lowly servant.

Lacy plans to go,  and I get to drive. 

Pat

I plan on being there for the first time this year, even if only for part of the time.

I pray I can be there and am I the only one who is really nervous about going, as a newbie?  I'm a people person, but guess I'm having some anxiety issues as I get older

The Old Farmers Wife said:
I pray I can be there and am I the only one who is really nervous about going, as a newbie?  I'm a people person, but guess I'm having some anxiety issues as I get older

Hello, & welcome to the forum.  I regret that, immediately following your post, a few of us got carried away by the  impulse to playful humor, which might have seemed insensitive.  I apologize for the timing. It was not intentional.

Once you've been posting here a while, you'll find that many have some anxiety issues.  And no wonder, given *everything.*  So don't worry.  Read as much as you can & savor the pleasure that comes from having a good adventure to look forward to.  You are among friends here.  Some of us are just a little rowdy, is all...

Best wishes,
Charlotte

The Old Farmers Wife said:

My 1st RTR.  I'm 61 y.o. Like all new things in life, a little anxiety comes with it. It will be fine. It's the "Tribe" :cool: . "Your in good hands, with Bob".