Obtained my van/RV

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Impapa22

Reaction score
Hi, I posted a couple of weeks ago as a newbie, but I now have a van.
1984 Ford E-350 Hi-top with 1990 7.3L IDI. It's a So. Cal vehicle. Needs good cleaning and some TLC. The door and window weather stripping is all but gone. It has some idiosyncries from the owner tweaking it. Like overdrive on the C6 3 speed. Exhaust temp guage, and digital engine temp, etc. Dual fuel tanks.
The fridge only works on ACDC and only a portapotty. I'm looking to put a Nature's Head compostible toliet in it.
00d0d_c7CYgbAc0eD_600x450.jpg

Attachments

• 00d0d_c7CYgbAc0eD_600x450.jpg
    00d0d_c7CYgbAc0eD_600x450.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 8
congrats. great engine. what does it have a Gear Vendor over drive? highdesertranger

Gear Vendor. I have a lot to learn. Aside from normal age issues, the van is in super shape. He put the heavy duty C6 kit in it also. First priority is the wiper relay. Have part just need to install it.

Great engine, much better than any PowerStroke made, Congrats!

Good going !   :D

I have a white 90 351 gasser with high top.  It was a delivery type cargo Van with single 22 gallon tank. 

Only heads up I'll offer is to keep an eye on those dual tanks.  There has long been issues with the switching
valve with......some......of these systems.  Both on Vans and Pickup's.  But there are plenty of Ford Forums
that you can read up and ask questions regarding that.  

On the weather stripping,  I'm gluing the bottom strip back to the front doors on mine presently.  If I have to 
I'll go out to a wrecking yard and buy weather strip from wrecks.  NAPA has some weather strip cement that I've used and had good luck with.

But otherwise it sounds like you'll be ready to travel soon.

Congratulations! I bought a 1990 Airstream B190 with that engine. Love it, drives smoothly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations!

Word of advice if I may - before you buy a Nature's Head, investigate the C-Head.

Same type of toilet, much less money up front and doesn't require a proprietary liquid jug like Nature's Head does. You will always want to have a spare jug on hand and with the C-Head you simply throw the nasty one away and use a new water jug after drinking the water.