Now I can begin

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunder Dan

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I got a GMC Yukon XL. Now I can start building a home inside. I am so excited, I made a video about it. I will be making progress videos as I go along. Hope you enjoy this!

Talk about an other wonderful news! What a beauty! It will be so cool to see what you'll do with it. Your mind must be going nuts trying to figure it all out. The possibility to pull a camper trailer must be reassuring in a way.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop with the video.

Nicole

ANy chance you can post some pictures, for those of us that don't have good enough internet to watch videos? And congrats on the new vehicle.

Hey, congrats... and its awesome you were able to find one with headlights...handy option!

ilovemyvan said:
Talk about an other wonderful news! What a beauty! It will be so cool to see what you'll do with it. Your mind must be going nuts trying to figure it all out. The possibility to pull a camper trailer must be reassuring in a way.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop with the video.

Nicole

Thank you! I am very excited.

masterplumber said:
ANy chance you can post some pictures, for those of us that don't have good enough internet to watch videos? And congrats on the new vehicle.

Yes, I will post some later today if it stops raining here in Arkansas.

BradKW said:
Hey, congrats... and its awesome you were able to find one with headlights...handy option!

LOL, I am glad my odd sense of humor is not wasted!

I have an odd sense of humor too...in fact, I'd like to make a video request!

Please film yourself entering the rear passenger area from the driver's seat...and then reverse the process. It would be a great instructional opportunity.

I think that mixing in some shots from a helmet cam would add excitement.

Isn't that smaller than the Odyssey though? I definitely has less head room...

BradKW said:
I have an odd sense of humor too...in fact, I'd like to make a video request!

Please film yourself entering the rear passenger area from the driver's seat...and then reverse the process. It would be a great instructional opportunity.

I think that mixing in some shots from a helmet cam would add excitement.

That would truly be comical. I will see what I can do.

myke said:
Isn't that smaller than the Odyssey though? I definitely has less head room...

Less headroom than Odyssey, more length and width, I think. But with the second row seats taken out, I think it has more total cubic feet. I don't know for sure. Google says Odyssey is 148 cubic feet with seat area, Yukon XL is 131 cubic feet with seat area. But I think maybe they are saying 131 cubic feet with third row seat area? I don't know for sure. It feels bigger. That's what she said.

Congrats, looks like an extremely clean and well taken care of SUV. You might lose a little storage, but you can take out the center console to make it easier getting in and out of the front seat and into the living area. I've seen it done on some of the older SUVs and actually kind of like the way it looks better with out the console. It does look like you have some electronics in it though for the rear passengers, so that might complicate removing it a bit. Either way, looking forward to seeing the build as it progresses.