Non-Evaporative Swamp Cooler

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BradKW said:
You're really putting too much effort into this. It is a proven FACT that by simply combining penguin poop and elf stones into a magic hat, that you can achieve 200 BTU cooling per hour.

Be sure not to forget the elf stones, otherwise you risk just having a hat full of sh**...

Here's a good source of Elf Stones if anyone needs them.  Penguin poop is a bit harder to come by, but if you live near an Aquarium that can be a reliable source.  

http://www.elfstones.com/

debit.servus said:
it IS possible to make "anti-heat" (the inverse frequency of heat)

Care to elaborate? I'm not sure your noise cancellation headphones apply.

ff68119c5eb49adde647dc013256ae3a.jpg

It is on the internet it must be true.

that looks like something Wyle E. Coyote got out of the Acme catalog. highdesertranger

BradKW said:
You're really putting too much effort into this. It is a proven FACT that by simply combining penguin poop and elf stones into a magic hat, that you can achieve 200 BTU cooling per hour.

Be sure not to forget the elf stones, otherwise you risk just having a hat full of sh**...

Every Road Leads Home said:
Here's a good source of Elf Stones if anyone needs them.  Penguin poop is a bit harder to come by, but if you live near an Aquarium that can be a reliable source.  

http://www.elfstones.com/

TMG51 said:
Care to elaborate? I'm not sure your noise cancellation headphones apply.

gsfish said:
I am curious about the anti-heat technology. Particularly interested in the "inverse frequency of heat". I Googled with no luck. Can you provide a link? Since gravity waves have just been confirmed it might be premature to speak of anti-gravity.

Trying to compare control these natural forces using noise canceling technology is beyond optimistic.

The closest thing to a "reverse microwave" I foresee is a refrigerator.

Guy

VJG1977 said:
ff68119c5eb49adde647dc013256ae3a.jpg

It is on the internet it must be true.

highdesertranger said:
that looks like something Wyle E. Coyote got out of the Acme catalog.  highdesertranger

Milk Hauler said:
1a03c625c0617e67b87fca119f8aba71.jpg

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Willy said:
[video=youtube]

Okay Enough, I'll just keep to myself with my 3-4 steps ahead of the crowd thinking.

speedhighway46 said:
Why don't you just go do it instead of just talking abt doing it.
I am taking action where I can, and planning and working towards living bigger dreams.

I did a little googling, and found something I think simplifies your design, while still adhering to the spirit of the concept.  

http://theacsuit.com/the-ac-fan/

You can store extra frozen water bottles in the cooler after you seal up the holes you drilled in it. And you can also use the cooler for food and beverages as well.  If you were to heat water bottles in the sun for nightime heat you shouldn't keep them in the cooler with your food though.

I would go with a passive version of this system though.  It should function without a dedicated fan.

Using water as a source to store heat is a good idea, unfortunately for a mobile application it weighs a lot. Water is 8lb per gallon. A 55 gallon drum is 440 lbs.
The law of thermodynamics states that heat always flows from the warmer to the cooler, the greater the temperature difference, the quicker the flow. There is no such thing as adding cold to something. When you put ice cubes into a drink, the heat flows from the warm liquid into the colder ice cube. You didn't add cold.

Here is another misconception. What has more heat in it, a propane blow torch or a room at a normal temperature of say 70 degrees?
The answer is the room does. The temperature of the torch is greater, but the volume of the room at a lower temperature actually has more heat in it. To prove this try heating a zero degree room up to 70 degrees with a blowtorch.

Heat is measured in British Thermal Units, or BTU's It is the energy necessary to change the temperature of one pound of water one degree fahrenheit. This being between the range of freezing and boiling.

Insulation is your friend when it comes to heating and cooling. The more insulation you have the smaller the cooling or heating device can be.