Nomad wanna be

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YoungHeartTravels

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I am just starting the process of getting into the Nomad life. I am 60 yo male who has been watching Bob, Lex and Riot and Others for about a year now trying to get the nerve up to do it. I believe that my best option is to purchase a Cargo trailer. If anyone has suggestions or ideas. It would be greatly appreciated. I have been looking at WEEROLL. Does anyone have any pros or cons?  Looking forward in meeting you all out on the road soon.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome Youngheart! I am really new as well and have perhaps less knowledge than you! But I still wanted to say hi!

Those weroll trailers look nice and even the price isn't that high. (If they are as rugged as they claim)

I would search the forum for trailer recommendations. I know the subject has to have a lot of interest. Maybe someone owns a model from that brand that could give some insight.

Stay positive!
-Dbtr

HighDesertRanger, or HDR, is the expert on cargo trailers around here. Definitely pick his brain or loom for the thread on his amazing recent buld out. He doesn't mess around, build it right and tight.

Welcome to the nomad road!

Make sure the WeeeRoll has enough head room for you to stand up comfortably. Also, another forum member had hers stolen, so take precautions.

On the smaller WeeRoll trailers, they have a choice of ceiling heights 44", or 66", neither of which is tall enough for me to stand up without interference (#71), so keep that in mind for your situation. If you are spending alot of time inside, you will need to stand up.

My recommendation is to get the most floor space, and ceiling height in a cargo trailer that your tow vehicle can handle easily. Get something too small, and you will always be cluttered/cramped.