Nice to meet you!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DreadHeadDrifter

Reaction score
Hello everyone, it is a great pleasure to meet you. After several years of gathering information from this site and lurking I decided, heck I am going to create an account and help exchange knowledge and meet some new people that have some common interest. My name is Andrew, and I just spent the past week or so reading almost every one of the [font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]1,126 [/font]threads in the Van section on this website. I plan to read and gather information on most of the posts on all of the forums here. Ever since I was in middle school I would find myself on the computer every evening till the late hours of the night, researching van living, off the grid living, boon docking. Life on the road is my passion! I have previously lived in an old school bus which was fun, but I am now looking (and in the market) for something else. Preferably a high top van/conversion van. I just moved back to Georgia, and will be here for the summer so I figure now is a great time to purchase and convert a van to fit my needs before I hit the road. I really look forward to spending a great deal of time helping and learning from this amazing resourceful website and meeting what seems to be a very welcoming and [font=arial, sans-serif-light, sans-serif]well informed[/font] community. Thats all I got for now! See y'all around!

Welcome. We have a high top conversion van and we love it. Jan

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

DHD
Gerry Garcia fan ?
Welcome to the actual posting part of the forums !
We like pictures , hope you find a rig soon so you have all summer to get it set up.

Nice to meet you Andrew.

You're a brave soul spending the summer in GA. A van in the south have less rust than the same year van in the north. Ours was from Illinois and has a lot of rust. The mechanic is fine and should last for a long time but the bottom is very rusty. After we bought it we had to have all the brake lines changed (we ran out of brake twice - scary and lucky to be alive) and pretty much all of the brake assembly as well.....lots of money. If you buy your van while you're in GA make sure it's one that spent most of it's life in the south.

We really appreciate all the window in our conversion van specially in rainy days when we have to stay inside. If we had a do over we would insulate it much, much more. The insulation that came with the van is for the birds.

Have fun and keep us inform of your progress.

-Nicole