• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Nice Tiny House

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image000000(7).jpg
This is the "game room" (the view from the front porch)

Attachments

• image000000(7).jpg
    image000000(7).jpg
    850.9 KB · Views: 7
I built one to sell but never did sell it. At 12x20 for the body of the cabin (+6 ft porch) it was practical to transport shorter distances, but not long distance. I checked my states regs, it was OK to transport without specialty haulers, a regular flatbed that equipment is hauled on would work (3' deck height), and at 12 wide for the body any whatever overhangs were, it didnt require pilot vehicles, just flagged as wide load. One potential buyer discovered there was one overpass it wouldnt fit under to get to his place. Oh well. Ill end up setting it up here and adding a bedroom on the side of it at some point, and perhaps add a basement and small storage lofts. Its still a bit overcivilized for my taste, but its a pretty tight little house, unlike log in high winds. It may be a guest cabin or gf/partner house.

My primary cabin (not pictured) is 14x18, the largest i could build with leftover logs from another cabin project. Its a serious challenge to live in a very small space, as most that live in vehicles find out. I believe too many over-romanticize the idea a bit. I plan to add another room the same size, as well as a small sun room/greenhouse-ish room on the south side and small office/reading room on the north side. I have a pile of logs for the addition but my back getting messed up put the brakes on that.

IMG_1161.jpg
IMG_1167.jpg
IMG_4052.JPG
IMG_4058.JPG
IMG_4054.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1161.jpg
    IMG_1161.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1167.jpg
    IMG_1167.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4052.JPG
    IMG_4052.JPG
    940.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4054.JPG
    IMG_4054.JPG
    981.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4058.JPG
    IMG_4058.JPG
    984.5 KB · Views: 5
Looks like a commercial built unit...and very nice.

Here I was all proud if I could slap together a picnic table!

:D

I built some cabins and houses to sell for a while. I loved building things.

My favorite was hand built log, meaning taking a pile of raw logs, using a drawknife to peel them and notching the corners (hand built doesnt necessarily all hand tools). I did full round logs with chinked joints, its more traditional in the rocky mountain west. I love seeing the drawknife marks on the logs and how the light plays on them, and how the wood ages over time.

Wow, that log cabin is beautiful. You are very talented.
The interior wood color is gorgeous.

Built one a while back. It was going to be for my mom, but in the end, she moved in with my sister, So I sold it.   :(

Attachments

• IMG_0277.JPG
    IMG_0277.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0266.JPG
    IMG_0266.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0273.JPG
    IMG_0273.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 6