News article about van living

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$600 per month for food seems a lot, but he probably ate out and ran the price up in that way.  The rest is probably true in some cases, might apply to a lot of the readers of this forum.  But of the folks out there living in vans and RVs and converted school busses, overall, I doubt any generalizations could be applied with accuracy.

I'm sure the $600 was for eating out all the time since his stove didn't work. As far as the rest goes, the article seemed to have a defeatist attitude. I some ways it is true, but it focuses mostly on what is missing from the life, not what is gained. Over all it is well written and does at least cover the essentials.<br /><br />

He should have interviewed a real van dweller not a guy living on his father's property in a non-functioning RV. That guy could have been living in a tent because the RV was just a roof over his head. Most van dwellers would have worked on the problems and fixed them. <br /><br />&nbsp;Did anyone click on the links? Bob's site and this forum are both linked. Pretty cool!

Interesting article; I always enjoy the looks inside of other vans too.