newcomer

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmiguelangelo

Reaction score
Good morning to all from sunny Miami :)
I just join this forum, in reality this is my first time joining any forums at all lol.
A little background about me; In July 2018, I was going through a lot of financial and personal problems, so I had to give up residential living and started to live in my very very small Chevy sonic. Soon after I learn how challenging that was, but hey one has to do whatever to get by, right? So little by little I learn to adapt to the different situations. Around December 2018 I started to think about getting a bigger car where I could sleep better, and while searching for cars I came across the idea of getting a van instead. But while I was brainstorming about the things that I needed, my ideas were getting too big for a regular mom's van. Around that time I got into a car accident, and I  had to take my car to the shop. Suddenly, I was carless and homeless, then My boss offered to let me use one of the company's delivery vans; a few days after being in the van, bang a lightbulb went on in my head, and I started to make plans for something like that cargo van as a living place :). I started to research different cargo vans and making plans and drawings about how would I wanted my van look like on the inside. I thought there were few people in my situation living in their vehicles. And while I was researching about my ideas, I came across a lot of web sites dedicated to van living. I never knew there were people, or much less a community of van dwellers. And that's how it all got started. It really has been a learning journey.
Miguelangelo

Welcome Miguelangelo to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Highdesertranger

Welcome! There are a jillion out there just like you and some no build van builds to very, very fancy dancy builds.

We like photos so be sure to post your progress.