New Van New Vanner

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanguysteve

Reaction score
Hey Steve here. Just got us a new Van. Well new to us anyways. Been searching off n on for 5 years and this is what we just picked up. 
Ok here are A few pics.. Been riding her all over the place & she runs n drives like new.Only issue I have found is the ignition is hard to turn off. Like it's catching on something. I hope a new key cylinder will fix this.

QXjCnkU.jpg

TzADT64.jpg

7QhRAos.jpg

YIkxLvO.jpg

gKJmhnF.jpg

6TJLqYE.jpg

ZYxq6Iq.jpg

vanguysteve said:
Hey Steve here. Just got us a new Van. Well new to us anyways. Been searching off n on for 5 years and this is what we just picked up. 
Ok here are A few pics.. Been riding her all over the place & she runs n drives like new.Only issue I have found is the ignition is hard to turn off. Like it's catching on something. I hope a new key cylinder will fix this.
Welcome aboard Steve. :)  Good looking van you have there. I like driving a van. It just seems right.

Very clean and straight van! What year model? Is it original or redone?

Really a sharp ride there Steve. Those 80's/early 90's Fords looked very nice.

I presume you have a 302 or 351, good sound drivetrain either way. That one is exceedingly clean for its age. You'll have to brag about its miles and then price you paid.

Hope your plans are to keep it fairly original for a while yet, even though we tend to modify the interiors that one is sooo nice, it would almost be a shame to pull things out (but it's ok if you do!)

Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

This world isn said:
Really a sharp ride there Steve. Those 80's/early 90's Fords looked very nice.

I presume you have a 302 or 351, good sound drivetrain either way. That one is exceedingly clean for its age. You'll have to brag about its miles and then price you paid.

Hope your plans are to keep it fairly original for a while yet, even though we tend to modify the interiors that one is sooo nice, it would almost be a shame to pull things out (but it's ok if you do!)

Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

Picked it up for 1200 bucks. 116,000 original miles. Drove it over 200 miles home. Had it licensed,insured and inspected the next day. Been enjoying it for sure.

Enjoying her as she is for now but do have plans to redo the rear. Something like this . Just a rough idea i worked out for her.

Been busy on the van. Here is a before and after shot.

BEFORE

Uqrrqp6.jpg

AFTER

BEHh8on.jpg

I'll worry about making it pretty once I have it functional.

CautionToTheWind said:
Oven?

Look'n good...

Yup. Propane oven and stove top. Debating on if I want to put the microwave over the sink or not. Running out of room.

Looking "real" good! Those mods suit the interior well.

Got the sink all plumbed up and a 12 volt pump feeding from a 10 gallon fresh water tank under it. Stealth shore power .It is in place of where the front gas tank used to be. Looks wild with a cord ran into the gas filler cap.Anyone asks I'll tell em I have a small smart car inside for emergencies and I'm charging it lol.

[img=600x450]

[img=600x450]

Here is the sink finished up. Plan on some wood flooring and staining all the wood inside later.