New van dweller

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lora

Reaction score
I bought a Chevy Express cargo van about two months ago and converted it to my new home. I got a lot of great tips from this website when converting my van. I absolutely love living in a van and the freedom it brings to explore new places. I left Florida two weeks ago and I am now in Arizona. I am looking forward to going to Quarzite for the first time and the RTR. Is anyone in Quarzite yet?  I am headed to Coronado National Forest to boondock there tomorrow. Anyone else there? I love traveling solo but wouldn't mind meeting some other van dwellers and getting some tips on the best places for boondocking in Arizona.

Congrats and welcome to the forum. From what I understand several of them are in nearby Ehrensburg. One of them will see your post I'm sure. BTW, I'm in Florida now :). All the best.

Here's a map Bob posted earlier, on Facebook, showing where he and some others are presently located in Ehrenburg.
IMG_1902.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1902.JPG
    IMG_1902.JPG
    97.7 KB
Hi and welcome to the CRVL forums, Lora! I'm glad you found us and the information here was able to help you on your road to adventure. As Bob said therre are a number of people up around the Ehrenburg area. Sone folks will be moving back and forth between Quartzsite and Eberg

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the CRVL Forums !     :) 

I think you'll serve as an inspiration to the other women who are here but are nervous about setting out on their own.   They may become some good travel friends for you to meet up with in some of the Parks or Boondocks.

Some time back I  met this Librarian who was helpful to me in my research.   I mentioned my interest in traveling in my Van to see various historic sites in the state and she responded with interest but said she would be afraid to do that.   Next time I saw her at the Library she was excited to tell me about a book she had found in the collection.  She said that I probably wouldn't be interested as it was about women traveling,  but it gave her some idea of what it would be like to travel and camp.

"Eight Women, Two Model T's, and the American West"

https://www.amazon.com/Eight-Women-Model-American-West/dp/0803260199

Point is,  what we are doing in Vans is nothing really new.   Getting over our worries & fears so we can do something with our lives is the only thing holding any woman back.

Lora said:
I bought a Chevy Express cargo van about two months ago and converted it to my new home. I got a lot of great tips from this website when converting my van. I absolutely love living in a van and the freedom it brings to explore new places. I left Florida two weeks ago and I am now in Arizona. I am looking forward to going to Quarzite for the first time and the RTR. Is anyone in Quarzite yet?  I am headed to Coronado National Forest to boondock there tomorrow. Anyone else there? I love traveling solo but wouldn't mind meeting some other van dwellers and getting some tips on the best places for boondocking in Arizona.
Hey Lora!! I'm a newbie in a chevy van too!! Ilol be at the rtr, I hope to see you there,

Thank you all. I will probably be in Ehrenberg in a few days. About four years ago I used to be a full-time rver with a fifth wheel and a truck for about two years but never really ventured far from Florida because of work and my son and I often had my son with me and we mostly stayed at campgrounds. Living in a van and traveling so far away and boondocking on my own is new to me. I can't believe I wasted all that money paying for campgrounds ? If anyone is hesitant about doing this it's worth it to just overcome your fear and do it. Being prepared (especially by reading information on this website) helps to overcome the fear. I look forward to meeting everyone soon?

Lora said:
Thank you all. I will probably be in Ehrenberg in a few days. About four years ago I used to be a full-time rver with a fifth wheel and a truck for about two years but never really ventured far from Florida because of work and my son and I often had my son with me and we mostly stayed at campgrounds. Living in a van and traveling so far away and boondocking on my own is new to me. I can't believe I wasted all that money paying for campgrounds. If anyone is hesitant about doing this it's worth it to just overcome your fear and do it. Being prepared (especially by reading information on this website) helps to overcome the fear. I look forward to meeting everyone soon.