New vacume cleaner by Shark

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rattlesnake joe

Reaction score
<p>I watched a short advertisement about a Shark lift around vacuum cleaner.&nbsp; It weighs only 6 lbs and needs no filter replacement.&nbsp; It picks up 99.99% of dust and pollen so you are not breathing in the stuff while vacuuming.&nbsp; The wand telescopes into a little package so you can stow the whole thing in a small place.&nbsp; But I need conformation on this by someone who has actually took the leap and bought one.&nbsp; Is it the greatest thing since sliced bread?</p>

&nbsp;It has great reviews on Amazon. I use Amazon reviews a lot before buying anything and have found that they've pretty accurate. It's still a little big for a van or RV but if you have a place for it then no problem. We tried cordless for years because of the smaller size and they just don't work. I finally found a small one with a cord that doesn't use a lot of power and it's such an improvement.<br>

<P>No experience with your vacuum, but DW bought a Shark 18v cordless unit at Lowe's.&nbsp;It's pretty powerful for it's size and lasts long enought to do quite a bit of vacuuming in a small space. Has a beater bar attachment that works well. However, it's a pain having to recharge it. Takes 16 hours to bring it back to a full charge.</P>

I plan to use vacuums at car washes. Every little bit less junk I have to carry in the van, the better. I will keep a small wisk broom and dust pan for small cleanup jobs. Also I will keep a car floor mat down on the floor where I step in to my van. It has a somewhat deep dropped floor so it's sorta like stepping up and into a bath tub. That way I can pick up the mat and shake out any dirt that may have been tracked in. Car washes are pretty easy to find should the van need a severe vacuuming.<br>

<p>Cubey,&nbsp; that's a good idea.&nbsp; For a really small dust pan and whisk broom combo look in the camping section of sporting goods stores&nbsp;or maybe even Walmart.&nbsp; I still have the one I used for Backpacking.&nbsp; It works like magic inside tents with sew in floors.&nbsp; It weighs hardly anything and nests together nicely.&nbsp; It can be hidden away in probably a 7" x 5" area.</p>

Latest posts