New to forum

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minnievann

Reaction score
Hello!!!
I am not sure how much to say in this introduction, I know I don’t want to write a book ;) 

I am on the backend of recovering from back surgery.  And my husband has been great about encouraging me to embrace an active lifestyle again.  I have been entertained with Amazon purchasing gear and stuff for my Minnievan.  

My plans are to use it as a tent while camping and a little traveling.  ((We have a 35ft camper, but that’s more than I can handle alone).

We have family spaced out in several states so I will “boondock” along the way as I visit.  

Videos and blogs have been a light at the end of a dark journey (back injury).  When I shared a few of them with my hubby he smiled and told me go for it.  He was happy to see me excited about this plan to get out but still be careful about the virus floating around us. 

So that’s a short story about where I am in my plans.  Maybe I will meet a few of you when I really get out there on the road. ;)

Welcome Minnievann to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome from me and Wren (Tin Tent):

It's so much easier not having to set up before bedtime...just park wherever (Walmart, truck stop, Cracker Barrel, etc.), put up the curtains, crawl into bed and read til you're sleepy. If it storms, you will stay dry and not have to deal with taking down a wet tent afterward. If you aren't happy with where you are parked, just drive elsewhere. Such freedom...and so many places to go and things to see!

Welcome to the forums Minnie, hope you find everything you are looking for. There's alot of knowledgeable people here who be able to answer questions you may have.

Thank You!! For the warm welcome. I have been reading through tons of posts. I feel like it’s the holidays lol. I am making a list and checking it twice!

After watching videos and reading I believe I will set up my mini camper as if I plan to live in it. If I plan accordingly I can be self sufficient while traveling. My challenge will be if I can prevent myself from packing like I am outrunning the apocalypse ;)

Minnie when do you plan to head out? Many of us go to Quartzsite in the winter. What state are you in presently? I’m in KY until November.

Cammalu, I am in east Texas. I am hoping to get discharged middle to late October. Then I want to do a couple test runs. I was thinking about Quartzite ;). But my husband made me promise to do a few test runs. He is a worry wart lol. Our first run we are going to go together. We will go to a state park. He will take the camper and I will go in the van. He wants to be close just in case I am biting off more than I can handle. I personally think I will be fine. If it takes me longer to set up camp, well big deal.

I sat back and added up how long it’s been since I left my house for anything resembling a normal life.

22 months since I went anywhere EXCEPT a doctors office, or other medical facilities.

I want to get out and outdoors. It’s almost like a compulsion to reaffirm my life and soothe my soul.

If things go well, I am seriously thinking about going to quartzite. I will post my progress.

You will be fine and you really won’t have to set up camp. I do because I have way too much stuff. It’s a big pain but if you are in your van and have everything to travel light you should be good.