New Michelin LT CrossClimate Tire Last Longer / Bites Better?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cortttt

Reaction score
I really like my KO2's but this Michellin tire looks pretty good. My KO2's - just replaced - lasted about 45K, 

They've got the snowflake designation. The CrossClimate looks to be a competitor for the KO2 - which Michellin actually owns...

From: https://www.hardworkingtrucks.com/m...rucks&ust_id=f3f723900c0c86e055c5ff0586eb6518

http://www.linkedin.com/shareArticl...https://www.https://www.hardworkingtrucks.com 
Michelin-agilis-3.png

[size=small]
Michelin’s new Agilis CrossClimate tire, which was unveiled Sunday at the 2019 Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) meeting in Atlanta, Ga., was designed specifically for ¾- and 1-ton pick-up trucks and vans used in commercial applications, as well as for European van platforms that have become increasingly popular in the North American market.
[/size]

[size=small]
“We are really proud of the job that our tire engineers have done in really giving us a product that we think is going to do an outstanding job of meeting the needs of our customers that are operating in these fast-growing segments of the market,” said Adam Murphy, vice president of B2B marketing for Michelin.
[/size]

[size=small]
The Agilis CrossClimate, which will roll out to distributors on April 1, features a MaxPressure Profile which is designed to optimize the tire footprint for better wear life under high pressure, heavy loads, high torque and stop-and-go driving. A new tread wear indicator, is featured around the tire allowing for a quick glance to determine tread life.
[/size]

[size=small]
The tire’s StabiliBlok design provides wider and longer tread blocks that resist extreme torque while providing relatively cooler operating temperatures under full loads and at high speeds.
[/size]

[size=small]
According to Murphy, the Agilis CrossClimate LT-metric tire lasted up to 19 percent longer under heavy loads than the three leading competitors’ comparable commercial tires.
[/size]

[size=small]
SipeLock provides hundreds of biting edges for improved wet and snow traction without sacrificing tread-block stability. On wet pavement, Murphy said the Agilis CrossClimate C-metric tire stopped up to 24 feet shorter and the LT-metric tire stopped up to 21 feet shorter than three leading competitors’ comparable commercial tires. On snow-covered roads, the Agilis CrossClimate tire demonstrated better snow traction than three leading competitors’ commercial tires.
[/size]

[size=small]
CurbGard sidewall protectors resist curb scrubbing in urban environments. Agilis has more than twice as much nylon reinforcement as the Michelin Defender LTX M/S for improved sidewall strength and durability.
[/size]

[size=small]
The C-Metric tire has a directional tread design, while the LT-metric uses a non-directional tread pattern.
[/size]

[size=small]
The Agilis CrossClimate has a “Three Peak Mountain Snowflake” (3PMSF) designation from the U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association and is designed to be a one-tire solution for drivers in climate zones with significant seasonal temperature changes.
[/size]

[size=small]
The C-Metric tire sizes include: 185/60R15C, 195/75R16C, 205/65R15C, 225/75R16C and 235/65R16C. The LT-metric sizes include: LT215/85R16, LT225/75R16, LT235/85R16, LT245/75R16, LT265/75R16, LT235/80R17, LT245/70R17, LT245/75R17, LT265/70R17, LT285/70R17, LT265/70R18, LT275/65R18, LT275/70R18, LT265/60R20, LT275/65R20 and LT285/60R20. To learn more about truck tires and services, visit www.michelintruck.com or www.michelinman.com.
[/size]

What is the weight class. That is the key when I select new tires.

This tire design looks like it's a directional tread. If so ya can't X-rotate. I didn't look at the link though.

Weight said:
What is the weight class. That is the key when I select new tires.

Dont know but because hey're made specifically for ¾- and 1-ton pick-up trucks and vans used in commercial applications - I imagine they can handle anything those trucks and vans can handle.