Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelampkin

Reaction score
I am a new member i am retired and very interested in the full time. Not sure what kind of vehicle yet.i have always liked the outdoors.

Welcome joelampkin to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi, Joe. Welcome. It's like a candy shop--so many great choices! Happy exploring and tasting to you!

This is a question for everyone. Being a person that is up in age but still healthy, what is the oldest full time person you have met.

I have heard of someone in their 90s still being a nomad. They may have had a S&B home base, though.

hi new guy among other new guys
i got a cargo van, chevy express, a la bob wells. i was worried it would be too small, etc,. inside.though, it seems good. on the outside, it's the biggest thing i'm comfortable driving........ altho i have trouble backing up still, due to the huge blind spot if you look over your shoulder, to your right. (my van has no side windows). a truck would've been great, to go way back, but i didn't want to spring for a totally non-stealth camper, which would've been a pop up. who knows, maybe i'll end up looking again at that. suv i'd imagine would be too small for me, also stealth seems like it would be a huge pita. a cargo van w no side windows seems like stealth would be about the easiest. i still haven't fully decided on whether i'lld do stealth. my cousins got a deluxe sprinter -- that would be wonderful, but no stealth, and so it would be like a mini-rv. i felt the size difference (for driving) between it and a cargo van would have been noticeable. i could be wrong.

i'm 64, and though i have a variety of physical issues, i'm thankful for still being able to poop in a cat hole.

good luck!

My post was meant to reply to the OP question about what vehicles we're good, pros and cons. Hopefully wasn't to verbose